Chapter 8

{feeling fresh as fuck. Here's another one because my new addiction is writing. Who needs drugs when you can write}

Hitting the ground with a dull thump, you glance around the best you could from your position of stating at the sky. Rolling over, you spit up a large amount of blood, diluted with the same grey you have come to expect. You breath heavily and begin to drag yourself to the behemoth of a gate, marked with a large red kanji. You get small rocks stuck in your arms, scratching them up. Tears build in your eyes as the pain in your chest builds, both physical and mental. You cough once more, more blood spitting from your lips.

It's been so long.

The gate is so close, and you see the inept guards casually talking to each other. The brown haired one sees your bleeding body, shouting something at the other one. They run out of the building, and the brown haired one, of indeterminate name due to blood loss, picks you up quickly, running into the village as he yells at the other one to stay back and guard the gate. You feel your senses numb as everything goes black.

Izumo feels your sticky blood sink into his sleeves, frightening him. A stranger shows up in traditional looking clothing, bleeding from a large hole in their chest. As he runs, he notices a Jounin staring at him strangely. Izumo decides to ignore him, choosing to get to the hospital as fast a he could. He misses the Jounin's eyes widen as he passes, and doesn't notice when that Jounin begins to tail him.

"Izumo!" The Jounin begins. "I can get them to the hospital faster!"

Izumo glances at him, before nodding. Izumo carefully hands you off to the Jounin, before jumping off, back to his post. He was still covered in blood, but that doesn't matter right now.

The Jounin immediately runs full tilt to the hospital, glancing down worriedly at you. Where had you been, and why did you show up in this condition? You were missing for 7 whole years. And then you show up with a hole in your chest, so sickeningly similar to hers. 

He pretty much busts the doors of the hospital down, startling the receptionist. She stares at him for a second before noticing the limp body in his arms. She gets on it before he could say anything, calling in doctors and nurses who take you from him. Shakily sighing, he walks back out, intending on heading to the Hokage's office. He gets cut off from his action as a spandex covered man jogs up, a wide smile on his face. 

"Alright! Kakashi, my eternal rival, I challenge you-" 

He stops at the look in the silver-haired man's eye, smile fading. "Kakashi-" 

"I... need to speak with the Hokage. Excuse me, Gai." Kakashi dodges the question before it's asked, teleporting off in a poof of smoke. Gai stares at the spot his rival once stood, pondering. 

"Wonder what could've made Kakashi so worked up?" He questions outloud, earning a few strange looks. 

Kakashi transports himself right outside the Hokage's office, sighing heavily as he tries to fully grasp what was happening. He hears a 'Come in.' before he knocks, so he walks in. His posture was stiff, immediately alerting Hiruzen. 

"Kakashi? What's the matter?" 

Kakashi sighs, ruffling his hair. "Y/N... has come back. They arrived just outside the village, heavily injured and wearing traditional shinobi clothing." 

Hiruzen nods, following up with a question. "Do you have any details on exactly where they've been?"

"No sir." Kakashi briefly replies.

Nodding again, the Hokage turns away, looking over the expansive village from his window. 

"Kakashi, I'd like to make a request of you. I'm sure you wouldn't want Ibiki questioning an old teammate, so, if possible, I'd want you to interview Y/N."