Ooo spooky

(A/N: I got this suggestion on my NSFW collection though I couldn't imagine being NSFW so it's fluff instead! :>)

Rantarou moved into a new apartment. Apparently the complex, especially the downstairs, was said to be haunted. Rantarou never really believed in magic or the supernatural, it sounded like a bunch of paranoid nonsense.

Rantarou got his key from the way-too-nice superintendent. Her smile was almost ear to ear and she spoke in an annoyingly high pitched voice as she greeted Rantarou and handed him his apartment key. Apparently he was going to be living on the first floor. As Rantarou opened the door to his soon-to-be home, he inspected it. It looked old fashioned with tatami mats and glass sliding doors but still seemed normal, he had no idea how those rumors started. Sure the floor looked a little old as compared to the others but it didn't look like something to be paranoid about.

Rantarou began to unpack his boxes. He let out a sigh. How does a university not have dorms? Why did he have to live in some crappy apartment? Sure a university dorm wouldn't be much better but at least he didn't need to drive to the school. Even if it was a mandatory thing, Rantarou really couldn't stand driving. Something about it just got on his nerves. As he opened a box, he felt someone staring at him. He looked around but no one was there. Wow, how stupid. The rumors are clearly fake so why is he freaking out? As he continued to unpack, he felt the presence once again. He looked over and saw a pale, feminine looking face staring at him. It was peering from a wall and Rantarou could see a pale hand holding onto the wall it hid behind. The face looked bashful, the opposite from a menacing blank stare that usually described supernatural beings.

No one told Rantarou about a roommate. He was sure the woman would've told him beforehand that he was sharing an apartment. Isn't that just careless? Rantarou blinked as it awkwardly looked at him from a corner. Before Rantarou could say something, the face disappeared. "That was weird.." Rantarou murmured to himself before he continued to unpack. When he finished, Rantarou looked over to the see the face staring back at him again, this time peering from a doorframe. It had the same bashful expression. "Can I help you?" Rantarou asked to the shy, grey eyes staring back at him.

It did not answer, instead the face slipped away from the doorframe once again as the figure left. Rantarou blinked and rubbed his eyes, wanting to make sure that he wasn't hallucinating. Right when Rantarou was going to dismiss it, he heard the sound of a box lifting. He looked over to see the figure lifting up a forgotten box. He got a better look at the figure. It wore a striped, dark blue kimono that cloaked it's slim body and it's feet were bare. It slowly turned to him, still holding the box. "You forgot this one.." it softly said to him, the voice a mere whisper. "Who are you?" Rantarou asked and the figure's face grew flustered.

"W-Wait! I-I shouldn't even be showing myself..! W-what am I doing?!" It began as it put down the box and put its hands over its face. "Um.." "d-don't look! P-pretend you never saw me!" It begged and before Rantarou could speak to it again, it just disappeared. The box was still on the floor. Rantarou awkwardly took it and began to open it. Well, that was weird. At the same time, it practically proved all those rumors true. The spirit at least wasn't malicious, that really would've been bad. Rantarou just sighed, he wasn't going to be all paranoid now.

Rantarou was preparing to sleep. He was able to set up the bed, sprawling over pillows and sheets. He was beyond tired and didn't even want to brush his teeth let alone change. Instead, Rantarou just collapsed on the bed. He felt sleep instantly hit him.

Rantarou shivered slightly as he suddenly felt a cold breeze brush upon his body. It quickly disappeared when he felt a cloth being raised up his body.

Was someone tucking him in..?

Rantarou dared open one of his eyes to see the same figure pulling the blanket up to his shoulder. It was focusing on its task before looking at him. The expression seemed focused yet bashful, as if it were checking him out in a way. "Um, hello again?" Rantarou said awkwardly and it grew flustered. "Ah! I-I'm sorry..! Y-you just looked so peaceful that I-I couldn't help it.." It said in a flustered tangent. Rantarou looked down at the blanket. "What's with the blanket?" Rantarou asked. The unknown face seemed to calm down as it looked away.

"I-it gets cold here at night so I wanted to make sure that you're warm.." it barely managed to let out. Rantarou just stared at it before trying to reach out towards it's hand. He noticed how it looked slightly transparent, he could see the dirty green color from the sheets slightly fade into the paleness of the figure's hands. A blush went on the spirit's face as it raised the blanket up, covering Rantarou completely. "You can't..!" The spirit practically yelled.

Rantarou pulled down the blanket to look at the spirit. "Seriously, who and what are you?" He asked, sounding stern but making sure not to sound aggressive. It looked away. "Well.. I basically live here.." it began. "You didn't really answer my question." Rantarou stated. "I'm a spirit that lives here.. My name is Shuuichi but y-you can call me Saihara.." the spirit finally managed to introduce himself, Rantarou could see Shuuichi's fingers digging through the sheets as he made brief eye contact. Why was it surprisingly cute?

"Well, so this place really is haunted." Rantarou noted to himself. "P-please don't be scared..! It gets lonely.." Shuuichi practically begged. "What do you mean?" Rantarou asked as he raised his eyebrow. "W-well.. I accidentally showed myself a lot and the people who came here would get all afraid and move away.." Shuuichi sheepishly explained as he began to raise the blanket to his own face. Rantarou could see a little bit of tears form on his eyes. Rantarou tried not to snort. Who would find this scary?

"Ah don't worry, I won't leave. My name is Rantarou Amami. It's cool to know that I have a roommate." Rantarou said casually. Shuuichi smiled. "I'm glad, goodnight.." Shuuichi said softly as he lifted his hands from the blanket. "You're not going to watch me sleep again, are you?" Rantarou asked jokingly. "N-no! I-I said I didn't mean to..!" Shuuichi stammered But Rantarou laughed a little. Shuuichi just looked away before disappearing again and Rantarou tried to fall asleep again.

And that's how he ended up living with a spirit.