Muse

Take my hands now
You are the cause of my euphoria
- BTS, Love Yourself Wonder  

I dig my heal into the white sand, the indescribable feeling tickling and comforting my feet at the same time. The thick, wet grains, clump over my foot, allowing it to disappear underneath.

All I have to do is wiggle my toes, and it all falls away, revealing my whole foot.

So I start again. My feet moving as if they have a mind of their own. Relishing in the smoothness of it all. My eyes are set to the incredibly vibrant blue ahead, the water lapping up onto the shore with every gentle wave.

I decide to shuffle forward, so that my feet can feel the blue silk enveloping them, the fresh water cooling down my hot skin.

I tip my head back to soak it all in. The salty humidity is thick in the air and the sweet coconut smell of my sun cream, radiates from my neck in the heat of the scorching star.

On bringing my attention back to the beach, I turn my head to take in the vast, uneven landscape. An outline of brilliant green trees stand tall around the vista, a perfect, diverse community, soaking up the sun in their leaves that sway in the breeze.

When I see him bending down quickly to catch a crab, my lips purse as I suppress my laughter.

His blue linen shirt rides up his torso as he kneels over, patting his hands down in an attempt to catch the creature. His face making a surprised expression when he uncovers his hands to see that he managed to do it.

He immediately exclaims my name, a sound I could hear on and on until the day I die. His voice is laced in happiness as he scuttles over, trying his best not to disturb the tiny creature in his hand.

As he plops himself down in front of me, my view of the sea is exchanged for an even better one. His chestnut hair draped over his forehead, his rose-petal lips red from the heat, his skin shining because of the mugginess. His homely smell of cotton and aloe vera, mix with the sultry air to overwhelm my senses.

I smile at him as he carefully extends his hand out, revealing a miniature crab, about the size of the dimple that's appeared on his cheek.

I hold out both of my hands as he puts one of his underneath them, his large hand easily steadying both of mine.

Slowly, gently, he connects our fingertips to let the crab walk to me, grinning as it makes its way down my fingers and onto my palms. The tickling feeling makes me giggle, and I look up at him to see his vibrant, warm smile, and his scrunched up crescent eyes, glowing in pure happiness.

After our new friend is safely back in his trustworthy hands, he shuffles to sit next to me, his feet absentmindedly doing the same as mine in the wet sand. Arms glued together, despite the heat.

He sits watching the crab walk around his palm, completely enchanted and mesmerised by its intricacy and beauty.

I simply sit back and do the same. 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: What are everyone's thoughts on crabs

I think I'm ok with small ones but if they're big I get freaked out...

Anywho, I'm sorry I'm not updating this as frequently as I used to, I'm focusing on my other book (plz check it out, it's worth it I promise)! 

As always thanks so much for reading/voting/commenting etc ILY xxxxxxxxx