[XXVIII]

Another day at work.

Time at Milan had long passed. More than four months have passed, yet the time in Milan was a dream. It made me yearn for more.

The night when nothing mattered except our bodies, bare for each other. Nothing hindering us, neither our jobs, our minds...just our bodies fulfilling each other.

As I was on the phone, I tapped my feet against the glass window lightly. It was one way to start the morning.

"Sir," she entered the room filling it with her presence, "at three o'clock you have an interview with the newspaper."

I nodded as I continued to listen to my mother on the phone. I mouthed my thanks and she went back out to where her desk was. And I went back to the phone call.

"Mother," but she did not let me continue.

"No. You listen to me. I heard what Layla told me. And I don't care, if I don't see evidence, it ain't real." My Mother was so sassy. Just like my aunt and I'm pretty sure that's why Layla gave me such sass too.

"Mother please," I pleaded. I loved my mother, all of her, but this was getting much.

"Namjoon, you're not young anymore." She explained, but was that really the reason why?

"I'm only in my late 20s..." My mother was serious about this and I was not sure how to deter her from being so antsy about this. It really was not that big of a deal and the problem didn't even exist. "There's no need..."

"That's what you did couple of years ago. Now you're actually in it. And, don't you think it's time...."

"Mother..." I tried stopping her but who could stop my mother?

"Don't you think it's time to settle. Do you not want me and your father to be happy and to..."

"Stop...I know this is because of Yoongi Hyung." Recently, it's been always about Yoongi Hyung.

"Yes. Yes. Please. For me...Yoongi's wife is pregnant. And...and I want a grandchild. I want to spoil the baby's with toys and food. And don't you think that I have to babysit the babies while I'm still alive and walking?"

"What is it that you want?" I could never say no to my mother.

Could you?

🚼

"Okay...fine mother. Just this once. I swear only this time. Mother..." I hesitated. This was a bad idea—a real bad idea.

"Yes!" Mother clapped on the phone and at looked at the clock. It was time to go.

"Mother, I have to go. I have an interview." She hummed but she was already ignoring me talking to someone I didn't know. I hung up after a few seconds, knowing that she didn't even realize that she didn't hang the phone up.

Walking to the doors, my steps were heavy. It was as if some there was an extremely heavy rice sack on top of me.

Opening the door, my eyes were happy to be excited to take in my beautiful Baby.

How her smile would brighten my day no matter how moody or sad I was. How her luscious body would incite my mind to be filled with dirty thoughts.

How immoral of me it was...but so exciting.