T w e n t y

Skye's POV

I stare at myself in the mirror, not even recognising the person looking back at me. Damn, my body doesn't look that horrifying right now.

I'm wearing the outfit that I bought a few days ago with Dante. It looks even better than I remember, and combined with my makeup and hair done, it's not bad at all.

I wonder what Dante's reaction is going to be. He hasn't seen me in this before. When we bought the outfit, he just took my word for it. A part of me — that I hate — hopes he likes it and the rest of me is like 'that little motherf**king piece of sh*t can go suck a d*ck for all I care'.

I sigh and run my hands over the outfit. What if people take a look at me and think I look disgusting or fat? I'm objectifying myself for money. I have never been this low.

Maybe this was a bad idea.

I sigh and sit on the bed. I'm over thinking this all over again. I need to do it without thinking twice.

Dante walks into the room, without knocking again. I look up at him and his eyes widen when he sees me in the outfit.

"It looks bad, right?" I ask. I hate myself for always assuming the worst. I should try to stop doing that.

Dante wouldn't say it to me but I know that he probably doesn't like it. I stand up and grab my coat that I am going to wear over the outfit. I don't want people to think I'm fat, ugly and slutty all at once.

"Are you insane?" Dante asks incredulously.

I look in the mirror again, not knowing what to say. Yeah, I probably am. Why else would I agree to be a stripper when I'm not even attractive?

"Probably," I mumble.

I am about to pull the coat over my body, but before I can, Dante this it out of my grasp and places it down on the bed.

"Skye, you are gorgeous. Looking at you makes me feel..." He sighs and steps closer to me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "You are stunning. Do you want to know what else?"

He takes my waist and pulls me closer to him. "What?" I ask.

"What you look like doesn't matter. What matters is that you feel comfortable and that you feel sexy for yourself, not for anyone else. Confidence is the sexiest thing on the planet, okay? You are smart and beautiful and amazing and you need to see that."

I smile up at him and his eyes go down to my lips again. Damn those pink, soft lips that look so inviting. My brain shoots pictures of last night at me, where he was on top of another girl. He was inside another girl.

Plus, I can't exactly be comfortable when I'm preparing to strip for a stranger.

I pull away from him, then pull my coat over my body. I want to throw up just thinking about it.

"Wish I could say the same about you," I state.

I walk out my room but Dante stops me before I can reach the stairs. "You are still mad about last night, aren't you?"

I sigh. "I don't want to be. I don't think I am. I get that I told you nothing can happen between us. I-I thought you wouldn't move on to the next girl that fast, you know? It's just disappointing. I can't explain it. Honestly, I'm not mad, but I'm disgusted that you could do that without even thinking twice."

I walk past him and down the stairs. "You think I didn't think twice? It was three in the morning. I thought about you a thousand times," he says.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "Then why didn't you come to me. It didn't seem like you had much on your mind when I walked in."

"Because you told me you wanted nothing to do with me in that way. I didn't want to walk into your room only to be rejected by you once again. Nobody likes being rejected, Skye. Especially not me. I didn't expect you to change your mind about me anytime soon."

"It's fine. We can just stay friends. I don't mind," I say. Why does it feel like I am lying?

"You guys ready?" Jensen asks, walking into the foyer with Keelan right behind him.

"Can someone tell me where we will be going now?" I ask. I have no idea what kind of setting I will be dancing in, and to say I am nervous would be an understatement.

"It's a night club called Mix. We ordered a private room. No strangers will be looking at you, so you don't have to worry," Jensen explains and gives me a wink.

Did he forget that he is still a stranger to me? I barely know what I am doing, but practicing with Dante did help a bit.

Technically Dante asked me to dance, he did not mention anything about me having to dance well.

•=•=•

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx