Nineteen

I tapped my fingers nervously on the arm of the leather chair. Namjoon was sat across from me at his desk, eyeing me carefully. I was nervous, but not because of Namjoon, because of what was to be discussed.

"I gave you time," Namjoon speaks finally. His voice seems louder in such a quiet room. I hang my head, already knowing what was happening.

"I know you did..."

"Ara I'm sorry," Namjoon sighs. I look up at him and see the genuine pity on his face. He feels bad, his eyes hold a shred of guilt in them. Even though he feels this way though, it doesn't make it better. "I wish it didn't have to be this way."

"Yes you do," I laugh bitterly. "You're sorry and I can see that in your eyes. I know you don't want to hurt me," I smile sadly at him. "But don't lie to me and say you aren't happy you can just get rid of him for good, because that's what you wanted to do all along."

Namjoon opens his mouth to speak but then closes it, his lips forming a tight line. He knows I'm right.

"I'm sorry Ara," He says again and I nod, knowing how sorry he really is.

"Me too," I sigh. I'd tried, tried to find a way to let my father live in the end of all this, but there was no plan that would work. I was dreading this meeting, where the person who'd replaced my real father as a father figure would tell me my time was up, and that my real father would have to die.

"Is there anything I can do?" Namjoon reaches across his desk, pulling my hand so it rests in his own. He strokes his thumb over the top in a comforting matter.

"Just don't remind me," I bite my lip. "It's better if I don't think about it." Namjoon gives my hand one final squeeze and nods, understanding. When he releases my hand I stand up, giving him a forlorn look.

"Ara..." he starts.

"Don't," I stop him. "You're only doing what you have to do," I give him a sad smile.

Turning on my heel I walk out of the office, feeling like I can breathe again once I'm outside. I knew it was coming, but I'm still in shock.

My father is going to die.

It was a lot to take in. I just wanted to be alone right now. Maybe it wasn't what I needed per say but it's what I wanted at the moment.

I slowly make my way up the stairs and to my room, closing the door softly behind me. Only just after I close it it opens again, my boyfriend standing in the doorway.

"Taehyung I know I said we could hang out but-" I start to try and get him to leave but he cuts me off by wrapping his arms around me tightly. I was taken aback by his action but responded almost immediately by squeezing him harder than he was squeezing me.

"Does everyone know?" I mumble into his chest. He nods his head on top of my own and I sigh. I guess I should've expected that.

"Jungkook wanted to come and see you but I said id do it," Taehyung kisses the top of my head and lets me go.

"He wasn't suspicious about that at all?" I question. Jungkook was someone who knew me better than I knew myself most of the time. I was sure he would be even just a little curious of how Taehyung had gotten so close to me so fast.

"He was," Taehyung admits. "But I steered him clear of anything by reminding him that you two had just made up, and that maybe you wanted someone else to console you."

"That's not very nice Tae," I frown at him. I was glad that he was here to comfort me, but I wasnt too happy with him playing Jungkook like that. We made up, he will always be my best friend, there was no need to add fuel to a fire that had already been put up.