11.

-gotta get back to business

I woke up bright and early Monday morning, Jason had left my place around nine the night before and I'd fallen asleep soon after. My plans for the day consisted of more preparation for the store opening, as well as a photoshoot to advertise our summer clothing. Apart from that, Lea had excitedly informed us about Darian's sketches for our wall mural and we were excited to look at them.

Although it would be a long day, I was excited to get started; nothing made me happier than high stress situations. No matter how much work we piled on ourselves, the end product was always worth it. I hastily got dressed, having no time to put much effort into my outfit, then headed outside where my Uber was waiting. My phone rang with a call from Jason as I made my way to the store, a small smile played on my lips as I answered.

"Good morning Mr. Moore." My cheeks felt hot, the date I'd had with him had left me on cloud nine.

He chuckled into the phone as he always seemed to do, "Good morning to you to Miss Price, what are your plans for today?" I gave him the rundown of my schedule. "Damn, I have to respect the hustle."

"We're very serious business women, there's no time to waste." I examined my nails as I spoke, they were in a state but I hadn't had time to get them done.

"I understand completely, how about I get someone to bring you ladies some lunch? Just text me the orders." He suggested.

"Thank you! That would be amazing, I can taste it already. Look, I just got to the building so I have to go, but I'll text you and we'll have a proper conversation later today." I said as I collected my things and thanked the driver.

Jason hummed in understanding. "No worries KP, just remember to text the orders so one of the guys can bring the food."

"So I'm KP now? Okay I won't forget, talk later Jay." I repeated the question that he'd asked me the day before.

We hung up and I headed inside, music was already playing in the back, so I went to see what was going on. As soon as I made it to the back room, I set my things down and hurried to help Jazzy who was setting up the lighting equipment on her own.

"Morning babe. You're here early." I said to her, she gave me a quick hug and smiled.

"You know how much I love the photo shoots." Jazzy said as we got back to setting up. I didn't know how she was always able to make oversized clothes work but she did, anytime I tried to do it I looked like I was drowning in the fabric. She was holding a fake palm tree that we were planning to use as a prop in some of the photos, dressed in an oversized hoodie that fit her like a dress. Her beautiful, thick hair was straight, and I know it must have taken her forever to do but she looked amazing.

"Must you be so gorgeous at nine in the morning?" I asked her after we got most of the equipment and props for the photoshoot set up.

"Thank you KiKi, I try. Don't gas me." Jasmine giggled, looking away from me. We headed to the kitchen so that we could talk, just as we sat down Lea came strolling in with coffees and donuts. "Hello, my love, thank you for blessing me with nourishment on this beautiful Monday morning." Jasmine made a show of bowing to Lea.

"I could never let my Jazzy Bear starve." She kissed Jazzy on the cheek. "Y'all look pretty, how long have you two been here?" Lea asked as she handed us our breakfast. She was dressed casually, and casual Lea meant that it was definitely going to be a busy day; she only ignored her self-imposed dress code when there was a lot of work to be done.

"I've been here for a few hours but Jazzy was here first." I stated. "Speaking of, now is probably a good time to continue that discussion about Jasmine becoming a partner."