Chapter 3

And so hell began.

My first class was a required English lecture. Honestly, this was the class I was least looking towards too.

Walking into the lecture hall felt like walking to my death sentence. There were only about fifty kids in the class when I walked in so it wasn't a huge lecture. This was one of the only times where I wasn't attached at the hip to Finn. He was in an economics class in the next building over.

Honestly, I just wanted to stay in my 3 o'clock physics class but that wasn't looking like an option.

My eyes scanned over the room looking for a seat that wasn't in the front and wasn't in the way back. Finally, my attention settled on an empty seat in the center of the room. Having my vision locked on it, I climbed the maroon carpeted steps to the third level, where I walked down the curved isle of comfy chairs in front of one long and continuous desk. When I arrived, I wasted no time pooping down into my desk and starting my physics homework. The lecture started in ten minutes but I would use as much time as I could to cram everything in.

"Hey. I'm Owen." Someone said from beside me. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I turned to my right. The guy sitting next to me had brown hair that matched his brown eyes. His high cheekbones in combination with his slim yet muscular body made him one of the guys that girls probably fawned over.

"Sylvia." I responded plainly before going back to my textbook.

"I know. I was in your last class. And I'm on your lacrosse team but you tend to not pay attention to the people around you."

He wasn't wrong. We had only been practicing for a week but it was increasingly clear that the upperclassmen hated Finn and I with equal intensity. They didn't like freshman being starters which was understandable, but they also didn't like that we got so skip an hour of practice. Which honestly, is just stick work which we do plenty of at UOT.

"Congratulations. You have eyes. Now that we have established that I don't have them, can I go back to my textbook?" I asked while turning to face him. I knew I was giving an attitude but I wasn't in the mood right now.

"Are you always this mean to your friends?" He asked with a quirked brow.

"We aren't friends."

"Right. You only need one friend and that's your boyfriend. Although he doesn't look to kind either." Owen pointed out. "Come on. You could at least give me a shot. We do share both of our Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes and a lacrosse team."

I remained silent for a moment before tearing my gaze away from my textbook again. "Fine. Tell me about yourself, Owen. Because I have nothing better to do than make small talk."

"See, sarcasm. That shows you have some form of personality." Owen winked with a slight laugh. "Anyway, I'm from Boston. I'm a sophomore. I play midfielder but I'm not a starter. That seems to be reserved for Olympians and upperclassmen."

"I guess I'm not the only one here who's a fan of sarcasm. I'm from Groton Connecticut. It's near Rhode Island." I said while leaning back in the comfy padded chair and drumming my pencil on the open textbook. "So tell me, is everyone on the Lacrosse team an asshole or just to me?"

I'd been friendly all week but all I've gotten is glares and the silent treatment. That explains my somewhat hostile attitude towards most other people on campus. All I need is Finn and Jason.

"Eh. They're lacrosse players." He had a point. Anyone who knew a lacrosse player knew what he was talking about.

"Okay, that's besides the point. I meant, are you friends with any of them?"