38. ka-boom

My eyes were wide as I watch Murphy move the direction of the gun so it was facing towards the large can of gun power, the tin that was labeled "This stuff will blow your head off", yeah that one.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Murphy turned his head slightly to look at me with a grin, "Getting the hell out of here." And then he fired. I buried my head in my shoulder, still unable to use my bounded hands. The explosion shook the entire drop ship and sent debris flying everywhere. The room was filled with smoke and I could barely breath let alone see anything.

The hatch door suddenly flew open and Bellamy flung himself in, "Avery!" he yelled, searching for me amidst the smoke and rubble.

"I'm here!" I screamed, a cough ripping from my lungs from the ash that was floating in the air.

His eyes fell on me and he rushed towards me, instantly untying my hands. The minute I was free I had my arms around him. Bellamy held me close as he pulled me up from the ground, "Are you okay?" he asked softly, lightly using his thumb to graze over the wound on my forehead.

I nodded, my eyes travelling to his neck which was bruised from the noose, "Are you?"

He nodded, "I'm okay."

His eyes then moved to the large hole where Murphy had escaped. He pulled away from me as he examined the damage.

"He blew up the gun powder" I explained, following behind Bellamy who had begun to make his way over to the gap.

Jasper, who had just joined us, let out a little laugh, "Guy sure knows how to make an exit." he joked, as all three of us watched Murphy's figure run off towards the forest. "Should we go after him?" he asked, turning to Bellamy.

Bellamy gave his head a small shake, "Grounders will take care of Murphy. We're going after Clarke, Finn and Monty." He said, turning to face Jasper and I. "You guys were right, we don't abandon our people."

He gave me a small smile we he noticed the grateful smile that had engulfed my face. He then flicked his eyes over to Jasper, "Two guns, you and me that's it."

My smile faded, "What about me?"

Bellamy shook his head, "You and Raven stay here."

"Bellamy-"

Bellamy cut me off, "Avery, I know you want to be there for your brother, but I'm not risking it. It's not safe and I don't want you out there. I almost lost you inside our own damn walls there's no way I'm putting you in danger again."

I was stunned speechless at his confession of why he didn't want me out there. Jasper had the same shocked expression on his face.

I nodded, "Okay" I said is succession, "I'll stay here."

Bellamy gave a curt nod, "Good, now go find Octavia she wants to see you."

I gave Jasper a small smile before making my way down the ladder and out of the drop ship in search of my best friend. What felt like seconds after I had stepped into camp a body came flying towards my own.

I let out a grunt as Octavia's arms wrapped around my body, hugging me so tight I could barely breath, "I thought you died." she breathed, hugging me even tighter.

"I'm okay" I promised, pausing for a moment before speaking again, "I'd be even better if you stopped suffocating me.

Octavia immediately released me, giving me a grin, "Stop scaring me like that. If I have to think you died one more time I'm gonna lose it".

"Sorry," I laughed, "I'll try not to-"

I was cut off by a commotion by the gates of camp, "Movement outside the walls!" someone yelled as several people ran towards the gates, guns raised.