Chapter 82

Roman had his wolves line at the openings and some before the entrance of the castle, all ready for battle. Roman and Carina had transformed back to their human forms and went to position before the wolves. Their wands in hand, ready for battle.

They saw the wave of attack come towards them. Roman and Carina turned to each other.

"So this is how a war feels like." Roman spoke, "Not the most pleasant feeling."

The spells crashed at the shield that the Professors and the members of the Order had put up. It made a violent shake. Roman and Carina held to each other's hands when it did.

"I have to tell you something." Carina said.

"What?"

"You're the best friend I ever have."

Roman smiled, his hold on Carina's hand tightened.

"You too... listen, if we get out of this alive –"

"And we will..."

"We look for Theodore and the three of us will go on a vacation."

"I'd like that."

Another wave of spells came and the dome was slowly disintegrating.

"Can I tell you something?" Roman said.

"Of course."

"Don't judge me... but I'm absolutely terrified right now." Roman let out a chuckle.

"Only an idiot wouldn't be..." Carina said.

"But I wouldn't ask for anything else... because you're with me, Carina."

The wolves growled as the threat came towards them. Roman and Carina's hold on to each other tightened.

"Hey, if you get married..." Roman said, "Can I be the Maid of Honor?"

Carina smiled. "Sure, Rome..."

The saw powerful blast of magic hit the dome. The dome was gone. They let go of their hands but stood bravely together. They both turned to each other then to the approaching threat.

"Black."

"Alston."

•†•

"AVADA KE—"

The Death Eater was taken down by the wolf, he screamed when the wolf bit him at the shoulder then stopped when it bit him at the neck.

"Stupefy!"

Roman had sent a Death Eater back. Beside him, Carina was doing well with her nonverbal spells and was battling the Death Eaters quite well. They were all at the court yard where the Death Eaters have came and ready to kill all of them.

"BOMBARDA!"

A large explosion happened in the group of Death Eaters coming their way. Carina smiled lightly at the sight of them falling on the ground –

"Incarcerous!"

Carina turned and saw a Death Eater just a few steps behind her drop down on the ground, bound with chains. Carina turned and saw Roman point his wand at the Death Eater –

Behind Roman, Carina saw a Death Eater coming their way –

"Stupefy!"

"Thanks." Roman said as he turned to his back.