Chapter 83

"I always thought that it'd be me... this wasn't supposed to happen..."

Theodore and Carina sat besides Roman's body. Carina rested her head on Theodore's shoulder and both held onto each other's hand.

"Theodore..."

"It's my fault... I didn't see it – it was supposed to be me..."

"No, Theodore."

Carina turned to Theodore and saw the tears falling down from his eyes. A rare sight to see from the Slytherin. Carina held to Theodore even more, not wanting to let go. The sound of the door opening caught everyone's attention. It was Ginny that cam.

"They're here."

They all got up from the ground and went to the doors to see. Theodore and Carina held onto each other as they stood beside Neville to see the coming army of Death Eaters with Voldemort at front with his snake.

"Who is that?" Ginny asked. "Neville, who is that?"

Carina gasped at the body that Hagrid carried. She let out a cry when she saw Harry's body in the giant-man's arms, his arm dangling. Theodore brought Carina to his arms and hid her from the sight.

"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"

"NOOO!" Ginny cried.

"SILENCE!"

Ginny was held back by her father.

"Stupid, girl!" Voldemort said. "Harry Potter is dead... from this day forth... you put your faith, in me... HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Laughter came from the Death Eaters. "And now is the time to declare yourself to me... come forward and join us... or die."

None move.

"Draco." Malfoy called.

They all turned to Draco.

"C-Come..." Malfoy commanded.

Draco looked hesitant.

"Draco..." Narcissa called sincerely. "Come..."

Draco went down the stairs then went to join his parents. He was greeted by the Dark Lord before he joined his parents. But it wasn't just Draco that they were asking to come...

"Theodore..." Narcissa called.

Theodore's jaw clenched when he was called by them.

"Theodore..." Voldemort said. "All is forgiven..."

Theodore did not move, he stood his ground and his hand held Carina's. The Dark Lord's face fell at the sight of him holding onto Carina and his refusal to join him once more.

"Then you shall suffer the same fate as your father..."

Neville limped forward. Carina's eyes widened at the sight of Neville.

"Well, I must say, I hoped for better." Voldemort said. Laughter came from the Death Eaters. "And who you might be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom."

"Well, Neville, I'm sure I could find a place for you in our ranks."

"I like to say something..." Neville said.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'll all be fascinated on what you have to say..."

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone –"

"Stand down, Neville!" Seamus said.

"—people die everyday! Friends, family... yeah, we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here... so is Fred... Remus... Tonks... Roman... all of them... they didn't die in vain... but you will, because you're wrong! Harry's died for us... for all of us!" Neville pulled out the Sword of Godric Gryffindor out of the Hat.