9

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up to Peter slapping me in the face with a pillow.

"Wake up sleepyhead! It's internship time!" Peter yelled into my ear. I grabbed him by the shoulder and threw him to the ground, and then sat up.

"Not a morning person, I see," Peter said, getting up.

"Don't test me, Parker," I said, getting up and grabbing my duffel bag. I stomped into the bathroom and changed, put on light makeup, and then let my hair loose from the bun.

It was wavy and looked kind of cute, so I decided to leave it. I walked out of the bathroom to see Peter laying down on the bed with his eyes closed. That little ass! Waking me up and then going back to sleep!

I took my duffle bag and used my powers to shoot it at him at lightning speed.

"Woah!" He yelled, falling off of the bed. I lifted him up using my telekinesis, and then dropped him in the bathtub.

"Get ready," I said, using my telekinesis to make a small bottle of shampoo fall onto his head.

I walked downstairs and made myself some waffles, when Peter walked down. His hair was less messy than usual, and he was wearing khakis, and a flannel with a sweater over it.

"You know, I forgot you had powers for a second there. Scared the bajeezus out of me," he said, pouring himself a glass of water.

"I forget that I have them sometimes. Then I remember, and I'm like, wow okay," I said picking up a waffle with my mind.

"We should go. Call Jacob," Peter said. I nodded and picked up my phone.

Peter's POV

When Jacob came to pick us up, I instantly became nervous. (Y/n) told me that there was nothing about the substance on their website, so I freaked out.

What if the substance hurt her? What if it hurt me? What if it hurt everyone in the lab and we couldn't stop it?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and got in the car after (Y/n). I felt a weird need to protect her, and I didn't know why.

Probably because I was falling in love with her.

We arrived at the lab within minutes, and we got out. (Y/n) thanked Jacob, and he drove away.

We walked into the building up to the front desk. We saw a lady with short black hair with bangs sitting behind the desk.

"Hello, are you two here for the internship?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am," I said. She smiled and pointed to a hallway.

"That way. Room 562," She said. I smiled at her and walked down the hall, with (Y/n) following. I opened the door to the room, and there was a man in there. He had dark brown hair and a slight beard.

"Hey! You two must be Peter and (Y/n). Pleasure to meet you, I'm Scott Lang," the man said. We shook hands with him and sat down at the two chairs set up for us.

"Okay, let me get this out of the way. I'm not the boss. Mr. Pym is, but he's out today. He just asked me to fill in. Another thing to get out of the way is that he doesn't create the things that go on here. His workers do. He's basically just here to pay the bills," Scott explained.

"Okay. I know you two are working for Tony Stark," he said.

"What? No," (Y/n) said, dragging out the 'no'.

"It's fine. I'm on your side. I know that the substance is evil, and that Stark just wants it so he can destroy it easily and safely," Scott explained.