44

The next morning...

Angel

I watched David and Jd gaze at Kairi as Dave held her. Them niggas have been hogging her ever since she popped out my coochie last night.

I listened as Kairi made small baby talk with them. I began to become jealous.

She always talks back to them, but she never talks to me. "Y'all let me see her!" I whined.

"Damn nigga hold on!" Dave mugged me and got up. He walked over and placed a kiss on her face before placing her in my arms.

I smiled looking down into her open big, brown, beautiful eyes. "You awake ma ma? Hmm? You're beautiful baby..." I cooed to her.

She was looking all around, blinking her eyes slowly. "I love you.. I love you.." I whispered and kissed her. She just looked at me and smiled. My heart fluttered.

Every since I gave birth to her, I've been feeling this amazing feeling in my heart. This is something I've never felt before: unconditional love...

I love it and I love her. I want to feel this forever.

Stephanie came into the room. "Hey, Zoie, Kendall, Star, and Sunny called. They said they'd be over her later today. And I just got off the phone with your mom..."

"Well... What she say crazy?!" Dave exclaimed to her.

"ERRRRRRRR!" She put her hand in his face. "I wasn't talking to you. Anywa-"

"ERRRRRRR!" He mocked her and put his hand in her face, making her stop talking. "Since you cut me off, I'ma cut you off."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Aint nobody cut you off! Don't fuckin play with me boa. I'm tied and hungry and I'll slap the fuck outchu-" Her N.O. accent began to come out.

"What about her mom?! What did she say?!" Jd said over them arguing. "Thank you Jd.. What did she say?" I co-signed.

Steph threw her hand up at Dave and he moved it. "ANYWAYS... Before I was so RUDELY INTERRUPTED... After she stopped cheering and crying, she said that she's coming and she'll be here in no time."

I smiled at her. "Thank you Steph.."

She went over to the sink and washed her hands. "You're welcome best friend.. Now gimme TT baby!" She dried her hands and reached out for her.

"NOPE!" Dave said, sounding like a 5 year old. He got up and blocked her. "Don't put none of your germs on my baby."

Stephanie drew back. "GERMS? Bitch you could NEVA... YOU the one with the germs.." She pointed at Dave.

My eyes grew wide. "OOP.." Me and Jd said at the same time, looking off.

"Ian got no damn ge-" Just as Dave said that, there was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in!" I said.

The door opened and my mom came in. "Hiii!" She said excitedly, smiling to everyone. "Hii.." We all said back shyly.

"I tried to get here as fast as I could. I hope I'm not to late.. Where is she?" She asked Stephanie.

"Angel? S-She's right here.." She pointed towards the bed.

My mom walked more into the room. When she spotted me, her eyes lit up.

"Angel, we gonna be right outside okay?" Stephanie said and they all got up. I nodded my head. "Mmkay.." I whispered.

They went out the door and shut it.

I stared at her. "Awwe..." She put her hands over her mouth. "How are you baby?"

"In pain, but I'm fine.." I said trying to sit up. She rushed over and repositioned the pillow. I slowly sat back.

"Is that better?" She asked me. I nodded my head. "Yes thank you..."

"You're welcome... Awwwe look at her..." She cooed. I pushed the blanket back more so she could get a better look at her.

"Ohhh my goddd, she's beautiful..." Tears ran down her face. "Thank you." I smiled.

"She looks just like her dad.. Oh my gosh it looks like he just spit her out!" We both laughed.

I looked up at her. "You wanna hold her?"

She looked back at me surprised. "What, me?" I nodded my head. "Yes."

"O-Oh yes! Of course, I'd love to..." She exclaimed. I carefully placed Kairi in her arms.

"Awwww hi beautiful... What's her name?"

"Kairi." I replied back. She gasped. "Kairi... Hi Kairi... Hi my little light bright.. My sunshine.. How are my sunshine?"

I smiled watching her bounce up and down as she talked to her.

"So how was it?" She asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" "Giving birth..."

"It was.. It was... I don't know... I can't describe it..." I stared at the ceiling.

"The most amazing, unbearable amount of pain you've ever felt in your life?" We chuckled and I nodded my head.

The door opened and Stephanie came into the room. "Hey boo, we going to get something to eat. Miss. Caroline, would you like anything?"

"No baby I'm fine, thank you though!" She smiled. "Alright." I opened my mouth to speak, but Steph stopped me.

"I knowwww I knowww, Chick Fil A, I know." She waved me off. "Well that's if Dave let us go. 'No that's not healthy.'" She rolled her eyes and we laughed at her imitating him.

She began to walk out the door. "You fine? You straight?" She mouthed to me behind my mother's back.

I slightly nodded my head. "Iight... Just call me... You know I'll..." She made a gun with her fingers. I put my hand over my mouth, and muffled my laugh.

She chuckled and walked out the door.

Kairi began to whine. "Awww what's wrong my sunshine?" My mom cooed to her.

I looked at the time. "Oh, it's time for me to feed her." She placed her back into my arms. I pulled out my breast and began to breastfeed her.

"Is she on a schedule?" My mom sat down in a chair that was beside my bed. "Yeah she is. Well, I'm trying to put her on one. She a fat baby." I looked down at her big open eyes.

"Yeah, putting her on a schedule is gonna be hard. I tried with you.. You didn't like that." We laughed. "You were a chunky baby..." She stared off into space.

I rubbed the bridge of Kairi's small nose as she sucked on my nipple.

"Your grandmother is so proud of you..." I drew my head back. "My grandmother? She's lives in New York too?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah.. She wanted me to tell you congratulations.."

"Do you think I could meet her? Like would she like that?" I asked softly. "Of course! That's all she talks about!"

I nodded me head. "Not right now though! But one day..." "Okay, I'll definitely let her know..."

Silence took over. "Um, Caroline. I've decided that I want you in my life.." We looked at each other.

"Oh my gosh thank you Angel... I-I promise I won't mess it up this time. I know it's going to take a lot of work. We'll go to counseling, therapy, whatever you want me to do. I won't mess this up. I swear... I need you and my sunshine in my life." She cried.

"Mmkay... You're going to have to work for my trust back though.." I said. She nodded her head. "Yes, I know. I completely understand."

I reached my open arm out for her. She walked over and grabbed my hand.

I smiled and giggled as she kissed my face. I looked down at my baby.

This is all I ever wanted...