CHAPTER 37

"Excuse me?" I exclaimed.

"I know it's hard to believe but it's true," She stated.

"That's impossible," I muttered, "I'm a vampire! I'm not supposed to be fertile,"

"I can help with that!" I groaned hearing Apollo's voice. I turned around to see the familiar read-head, holding a glass of whiskey.

"Apollo, nice of you to drop by," I said, my tone laced with sarcasm.

He smirked, turning to the witch bartender, "Sweetheart, why don't you fetch some apple juice for her?"

Sophie rolled her eyes, carrying out Apollo's demands. I crossed my arms, facing the Olympian God with a frown etched on my face, "What are you doing here?"

"Checking on you. You've caused quite the excitement in Olympus,"

"What did I do?"

"You're bearing an heir,"

I almost choked on air as he was the second to bluntly tell me I'm with child.

"Demeter and Aphrodite are already planning your baby shower, by the way. Want to know the gender?" Apollo stated.

"Hold on! I can't be pregnant! I'm dead—well, undead," I said.

"But you're also a Goddess. Klaus' werewolf side made this possible and since you've both done the tango, voila! Baby in your belly,"

"I have to tell Klaus!" I exclaimed. To be honest, I'm scared. I'm 18 and a mother—I haven't even finished school yet. What's Klaus going to think?

"Tell me what?" Speak of the devil.

"Hey, bro!" Ew, Apollo no.

"Apollo, what a pleasant surprise. Why are you here?" Klaus greeted, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Came to tell your girlfriend here the good news," He replied, finishing his glass.

"Here's your apple juice," Sophie announced, placing the glass on the bar table.

"Oh, great, a witch. Just what I needed," Klaus brought up.

"Klaus Mikaelson, what can I do for you?" Sophie asked, attempting to stare him down.

"I've heard the witches are conspiring against me. I want to know why,"

Sophie looked around before saying, "Come with me,"

"Why should I trust you?" Klaus demanded.

"Because I'm the only witch willing to answer you," And with that, we followed her out the back door, with Apollo suddenly disappearing.

"May I remind you that not only am I a hybrid but I have immeasurable powers not even you can procure. So, whatever you witches are planning, I will have no problem putting a stop to it," Klaus warned.

"The witches are keeping your ex hostage,"

Klaus looked like he was about to explode. I wanted to rip Sophie's head off, "What did you just say?"

"The witches have Tatia Petrova,"

"Why?" Klaus shouted, pinning Sophie to the cemented wall, "I care no more about Tatia. What made you think she's the perfect leverage? What made you think it was a good idea to bring her back?"

"We didn't," Sophie choked out.

"Then who did?" I questioned. Her face was turning pale, to which I had to demand, "Klaus, let her go!"

When he did, Sophie inhaled big breaths of air as she massaged her neck, "We don't know. We found her by the Bayou, looking lost and scared and her head was bleeding terribly. But—"

"But what?"

"But when we asked her what was the last thing she remembered..."

"Yes?" I urged her.

"The last thing she remembered was you, Klaus. She remembered being betrothed to you,"