CHAPTER 38

"You told me she was with Elijah!" I said accusingly, jabbing my finger onto his chest. I was beyond pissed. I cannot believe that he would lie to me.

"Love, I can explain," He protested.

"Well, you can do your explaining later. Right now, there's a doppelganger held captive and if you don't come with me, she's dead by nightfall," Sophie warned.

"She was dead to begin with!" I seethed, "What makes you think we'll listen to you?"

"Because there's no way Klaus doesn't have an ounce of consideration for her,"

I turned to Klaus, exasperated by what's happening. I don't need another doppelganger ruining my life, "Don't tell me you believe her,"

"She's telling the truth." I groaned, hearing Apollo's voice once more.

"You need a bell!" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked him. Oh, for the love of—I really need to tell him I pregnant or else Tatia will fill his mind.

"Went to where she was being kept hidden. Can I just say, the cemetery is a nice touch," Apollo commented.

"Why didn't you save her then?" Klaus asked.

"I'm not allowed to interfere with witch business," He said, "Dad's orders,"

"Give us time," Klaus said, facing Sophie.

"You have until midnight." Klaus grabbed me by the waist and sped us back to the plantation. I sat on our bed as he paced back and forth with a conflicted look etched on his face.

"I'm pregnant," I blurted out. He stopped pacing and looked at me as if he couldn't decide what to feel, "I'm keeping the baby, whether you want me to or not,"

"I didn't say I didn't want it, love," He protested, sitting by my side. He cupped my face in his hands, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah, well, with Tatia on your mind, I thought you're going to have second thoughts," I grumbled.

"I love you and the baby. Nothing can change that, not even Tatia," He reassured.

"You still owe me an explanation," I stated.

He groaned, saying, "Right now, all I want is to spend time with my Queen and our unborn child,"

"Fine. How do you feel about being a father?"

"To be honest, love, I...am frightened,"

"If this is about your issue with Mikael, let me stop you there. You are nothing like Mikael. You will not turn out like Mikael. You are Klaus Mikaelson, the most loyal, loving, honest person I know. You treat me like a Queen, what more with her?"

"Or him,"

"I will fight you." I narrowed my eyes at him as he chuckled at my huffed expression.

"You always did know what to say, my love," He stated, pecking me on the lips, "And for that, a prize is in order,"

"How about an explanation why Tatia was engaged to you?"

"Love—"

"Klaus, we have to get this topic off the table sooner or later. I don't want to stress about it any longer if you want this baby and I to survive,"

"Fine," He mutter, giving up, "Before our mother turned us into vampires, she sought out another way to end our feuding. And that was to betroth Tatia to me. However, that stopped nothing. Elijah did not stop persuading her, she did not stop seeing him. That's when I knew, she did not completely belong to me. Her heart lies with Elijah,"

"Did Elijah ever stopped loving her?"

"We've yet to find out,"