57 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓎

ғɪғᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
════════════════════

ғɪғᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ════════════════════

"Mom."

She slowly nodded, tears filling the corners of her eyes. She pulled me into a hug, like she used to when I was younger. I still remember every clear detail of my mother. Though I haven't seen her for long, I kept old photos with me.

She cupped my face in her hands. "You're so beautiful."

I was speechless as I heard her voice. I've always imagined being able to speak to my mother, and now it was finally happening. She looked over at Jungkook, and widened her eyes.

"Sorry about that. I thought you we-" She stopped as she pulled the bag off his head.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

He narrowed his eyes. "How do you know my name?"

"She's my mother." I explained, watching his reaction switch real fast. He immediately bowed, even though she attacked him minutes before.

"You've grown so much." She smiled as she looked at Jungkook. She turned to me as she noticed my silence. She may be my mother, but I couldn't speak to her after what she's done. Selling your own child to be a government experiment is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

"Leana, I have so much to tell you." She grabbed my hand.

I slowly pushed back, staring down at the ground. "It's El."

She was taken aback at my sudden behavior. I guess she didn't think I knew. She walked closer, furrowing her brows. "Lean- El, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." I sighed, picking myself up. I gave Jungkook a look to follow, but he just stood by himself.

"I'll give you two a minute." He smiled, leaving my mother and I alone. He knows I despise her at the moment, why would he do that?

"What are you thinking?" She watched as I played with dirt.

"Why?" I turned to her, finally looking into her eyes.

"W-"

"Why did you do it?" I tried to whisper, but that's not possible with me. She avoided my gaze, knowing the question was coming.

"You don't know what would've happened to you."

"I would've been a normal child. I wouldn't have been taken away from my own parents." I yelled.

"Look at you Leana, you're stronger than anyone I know. Stronger than if you would've lived with me."

I gulped. "Why did everyone say you were dead?"

She lightly chuckled. "I technically am supposed to be dead. The government were supposed to kill me, but they couldn't."

"Why would they want to kill you and not me?"