bugs

Saiki peacefully strolled over to the living room in which he shared with you to watch another addicting episode of his favorite TV show that was airing in a few minutes. One glance at the coffee table, and he was already on the ceiling.

"(L/N), can you please get over here?" He panicked, but managed to keep the same unbothered face.

He didn't want anything involved with the vile little creatures down there, and he wasn't entirely sure why he didn't teleport to the other side of the planet.

.

.

.

"Saiki?" You strolled in moments later, expecting him to be sitting comfortably. Instead, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Uh, Saiki?" You called out again, but to no avail. It wasn't until a little later you noticed three little cockroaches making rounds on the coffee table.

"Yuck!" You wailed in disgust, you also had a distaste for these bothersome little creatures.

"How the hell did these bugs get in here?"

"Take them out," Saiki demanded profusely. "I called you in here to take care of them."

"Ugh, as if!" You revolted, cringing every time you set your eyes on the table.

Attempting to pick the little pests off the table with a napkin was pretty much gruesome enough, but the bugs flying everywhere at every little attempt to make them stay put in the napkin was more than enough to put you into cardiac arrest.

"Saiki, can you get these damn bugs out of the apartment?" You snapped, unable to take it any longer. "You're the one with superpowers or something!"

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to do?"

"Get rid of the table, I don't know?" You remarked, half-heartedly meaning it.

"I'm not touching them."

"And so am I."

"Good grief," He sighed. "Stop being dramatic and pick them up."

"Says the one who's hanging from the ceiling."

"You know what? I'll get rid of them." He dropped back to the floor and reached to grab the same napkin you tried to grab the little roaches with.

He took one step towards the table, and froze.

You cocked your eyebrow slightly. "Well, are you gonna do it?"

No answer. His eyes were fixed on the bugs.

He looked absolutely terrified and you bursted out into laughter.

.
.
.

"Okay, I think I got it now," You said as you held up a strange contraption that you've made with various objects you found around the house. "This will help."

"What the hell is that?" Saiki narrowed his eyes at the peculiar item in your hand.

"Something I created," You held up your cockroach catcher proudly. "To finally catch those little-" you cringed. "-cockroaches."

The psychic rolled his eyes. "Stop wasting time and get them out of here."

You scoffed, getting in place to catch the pests. Using this little tool was more of a challenge than you expected, but you decided to not complain and end the chaos once and for all.

You took a deep breath and reached over to catch those tiny creatures. In one swift motion, the bugs were clamped inside your little catcher.

"I caught it!" You squealed excitedly.

"Did you really?" He looked over to see the imprisoned bugs over your shoulders. The corners of his lips turned into a satisfied smirk.

"I knew you could do it," He patted your head twice, making your cheeks glow a light pink.

"Now get out of here, I need to watch my favorite anime in peace."