F O R T Y - T W O

Kassi

My head felt fuzzy and my stomach was rolling

I tried to move my arms but they were heavy

When I cracked my eyes opened I saw that my arms were heavy for a reason.

I was freaking chained to a chair!

I tried to open my eyes wider but they were just too heavy

I tried to kick out my legs but they were chained down too!

"Oh good" A grumpy voice said from the corner of the dark room "You're up"

I looked up through heavy lids and blurry vision and squinted at the dark figure coming towards me

"Who the hell are you?"

There was a prick in my neck before a burning sensation.

A minute later, my eyes were less blurry and my limbs felt almost normal again

I blinked my eyes a few times before focusing on the figure

"Old man?" I cussed at him "What the hell did you stab me with?"

"Atropine" he said, putting the contents down on a nearby table "It counteracts the Aconite by stimulating the Nervous system again"

I looked around the room and saw another figure tucked in the corner

"What the Hell is Aconite!" I yelled "And why in the hell did he drug me!"

I let out more profanities and Orion huddled farther into the corner

"Stop hollering girl" the old man said "And stop cursing or else I'll wash your mouth out with soap"

"Do that and I'll bite all your fingers off" I bared my teeth

He glared "Stubborn girl"

I tried to move to attack him but the chain held me back.

I screamed at him "LET ME GO THIS INSTANT YOU PSYCHOS!"

"Or what?" the old man mocked "You're going to run and tell your adorable Alpha boyfriend to beat me up?"

I glared at him "I don't need anyone to beat you up. Let me go and I'll kick you in the dentures myself"

I paused and then swiveled my head toward Orion "You rat. I can't believe you've been spying on us just to feed information to him!"

Orion looked down "You don't understand" he whispered

I laughed sarcastically "What don't I understand? My kidnapping, drugging or you being a rat?"

"He's not a rat" the old man crossed his arms "He's just a man trying to protect his family"

"Sorry" I sneered "But your definition of a rat is completely different than mine"

He sighed "Would you just be quiet and listen please?"

"Why should I?"

"Because you need to hear this" Orion said

"I don't want to hear anything that comes out of your lying mouth"

"What if it has do something with your mother? Would you listen then?"