Chapter 12 - See You Soon?

I wake up to my alarm and sit up for a few minutes before heading towards the bathroom

I wake up to my alarm and sit up for a few minutes before heading towards the bathroom. I start water to fill the tub before brushing my teeth. After taking a nice bath I put on my clothes and pull my hair into a bun. I go downstairs to see Ares sitting in the living room. "Good morning." I greet him. "Good morning Elle. Sleep okay?" He asks as I sit down next to him. "Yeah. I'm sorry I know I worried you last night." I tell him. "It's okay Elle. I can't believe you're really leaving." He says sadly. "Yeah me too." I agree. It felt like time had passed away very quickly. "Come on let's eat breakfast then we can leave," Ares tells me. "Okay. What's for breakfast?" I ask him. "No idea. Noah said he wanted to make you special goodbye breakfast." Ares informs me. I smile a bit. We enter the kitchen to see the dining table full of breakfast items. There's pancakes, waffles, omelets, coffee, and toast. "Good morning Elle. So what do you think?" Noah asks me a timidly. "Looks amazing Noah. Thank you." I tell him. "Great let's eat," Noah says and we all sit down.

After eating breakfast I help Noah clean the kitchen which took some time. Once we're done we head into the living room and take my suitcases before going down through the elevator. Ares already left to get the car out on the street. We reach the car and put the suitcases in the trunk. I sit in the back seat while Noah takes to drive. Ares puts on some soft music as we drive to the airport. I check my phone to see Aunt Jenna had replied saying she would be there. I look out the window wanting to remember New York. I couldn't believe I was leaving. There are so many people and cars on the street even though it's 4:30 in the morning. I sit back in the seat and close my eyes enjoying the music. In what seems like a few minutes the car slows down. I look to see that we're only a few minutes away from the airport. Soon we're parked and getting out of the car. We head towards the inquiry office. "I'll go see whether or not flights are going," Noah says and I nod, Ares and I go sit on the chairs near the office. "Don't worry I'm sure the flights are going by now," Ares assures me and I smile and nod.

After a few minutes, Noah comes back and smiles at me. "The flights are leaving just a few minutes late since all the schedules are a bit messed up. Come on you should go through the security and stuff if you don't miss your flight." Noah tells. We all walk towards the assembly point and stop. Noah could compel to let them come further but this was better. "Here," Ares says while handing me my bracelet. I had asked him to take off the spell since I hadn't had any nightmares or episodes. "I know you asked to remove the spell but I just made it stronger just in case. We won't be there to help you so..." Ares informs me. "Thanks," I say while holding my hand out for him to fasten it. I hug him feeling tears. "I'm going to miss you," I whisper. "I'll miss you too," Ares whispers back. After we pull back I hug. "Don't get into any trouble there. Be careful please." Noah says and I nod. "I will be. I'll miss you, Noah. Never thought I'd say that." I say a bit teasingly at the end while laughing a little. He chuckles weakly too. "I'll miss you too Elle," Noah says. We pull apart and I set down and open my suitcase to take out my gift. "I sort of have something for you both. I've had for some time but I kept postponing it because it made leaving too real. Guess I can't postpone it anymore." I say as I take the two canvasses out and handing one to both of them. During our New York tour, Ares had asked me if I would paint them and I had agreed. I started working on it two weeks ago after we came back from Sag Harbor. I found a picture of them in their room and made two different paintings. The first one was simple and almost like the picture but I made the second one different. "Do you guys like it?" I ask them after a few minutes. "They're amazing Elle," Ares tells me. "Yeah. I love this one." Noah agrees while showing me the painting. "I painted that after a girl in our class made a portrait of her mother in that theme," I tell him. The painting was made to make it seem like the whole painting was in a shade of blue along with having small lines and dots in silver which made it seem like it had stars and comets.

After I hug them both again I prepare to leave. "This isn't a goodbye right?" I ask them. "Of course not. We'll visit in a few weeks after we come back from Rome." Ares assures me. They were both going to Rome for some fashion thing. "Okay then. I guess it's see you soon?" I ask. "See you soon Elle. Call us if there are any problems." Noah says. "I will. I promise. Have fun in Rome." I say and I finally turn to head through security. After all the formalities are done I sit in my seat in the plane with my sketchbook and Zune player. I start drawing basic scenery to keep busy until the plane takes off. In a few minutes, the pilot announces that we're going to take off soon. I fasten my seatbelt and relax back in my seat.

Soon enough we're in the air and I look out the window. New York looks beautiful from up high. I smile before plugging in my earphones and playing songs in my Zune. For a minute I feel sad about leaving New York before remembering that my friends and family need me. I sigh and decide to sketch to keep my mind busy and away from sad and scary thoughts about the possibility of losing one of my best friends. I'll be home soon.

Hey guys this is the last chapter of Dreamer. The third book will be called Fighter and I'll post it by next week. I'll put up a notice when I do. Hope you enjoyed the book.