Chapter Twenty Six

26

::Kylie's POV::

I trotted downstairs and made my way into the kitchen. Today was the day that I'd find out if I made the cheerleading team and I was extremely anxious. I made sure to dress nicely today though. If I didn't make the team, I didn't want to look pathetic. I wore a white, cross-back lace skater dress with brown wedges and a necklace to match. I even went out of my way to curl my hair.

I walked towards the kitchen counter as Ms. Tompkins cooked on the stove.

"Aw Kylie. You look really nice honey," she spoke.

Levi stood a few steps away from her. "Yeah, you do," he commented before returning his attention to his phone.

I smiled thinking about the conversation we had last night.

"Thanks. We're supposed to be finding out who made the team today, so wish me luck!" I said excitedly before grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and heading outside to my car.

I dialed Amie on my phone as I got in my car and pulled off.

"Hey I should be there in a couple minutes. I just left my house," I said.

"Okay cool," she stated before we both hung up.

As scheduled, a few minutes later, I was pulling into Amie's mile-long driveway. To say that her house was huge was a major minimization. It was a mansion. She even had maids! Apparently her parents owned some preeminent law firm that defended business owners and celebrities.

Before I had time to beep the horn, signaling I was there, she stepped out of one of the side doors. Like I, she to was wearing a dress. We'd decided on it after leaving tryouts yesterday. Usually, I thought friends dressing alike was pretty lame but that was when my best friend was a guy. Now that I had Amie, we could do all the cute little things girlfriends did together.

I rolled down the passenger's side window, leaned over and whistled jokingly.

As she walked over to the car, she did a quick spin as if she was a model before laughing and hoping into my car. She was carrying her purse and a small paper bag.

"What's that?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh my family's helper, Maria, baked us some blueberry muffins," she stated before taking out two delicacies and handing me one of them.

"Oooo. Well tell Maria I said thank you when you get back home later," I said before pulling out of her driveway to now head to our school.

"I'm going to try not to talk about the tryouts until the list posts," Amie said before taking a deep breath and I became anxious again. I quietly prayed for the best. Hopefully, we would both make it and all would be well.

I turned on the radio and let "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore blast through my speakers. What got rid of jitters more than a little pop rock right?

We both sung until we pulled into the student parking lot.

"Ugh," I exaggerated. "Another wonderful day in high school," I said while getting my book bag out of the trunk.

"Hey hey. When we make the team, you're going to have to put all of that dispiriting, joyless attitude away," Amie said before smiling.

"Oh whatever," I replied back before we headed into the school together.

"You'll probably be a flyer," I stated nonchalantly. Not only was Amie on the short side, she was small.