let me drive you home (02)

it's friday and in no more less than 10 minutes, the bell will ring indicating the end of class and the weekends would soon start.

come on.

come on.

come on!

i kept chanting inside my head. i was hoping for everything to be faster, for time to be much quicker. when the awaiting chime of the bell finally echoed inside the room, i was already in both my feet -- literally stuffing my bag with my books and notebooks. some of my classmates looked at me weird, but i shrugged their eyes off and quickly made my way out of the room.

my head was hung low as i hastily walked in the crowded hallway.

i really just want to go home. i don't want to face jennie right now. my hands became clammy as i started to get close to the exit. a few more steps and i'll be out in this hell hole. just a little bit more! i was literally just three more steps away from the school's gate when suddenly i felt a strong hand holding my wrist.

"where do you think you're going?"

the moment i heard jennie's voice every ounce of my blood got cold.

fuck. i'm totally so fucked.

"my, my, jisoo," jennie tightened her grip on my wrist (which i thought was physically impossible). "did you really think that you can just get away with what you did to me?" she asked in a deep and cold voice that i didn't even recognize.

i gulped so hard that i was positive that she heard the lump of saliva sliding down my throat.

"huh?" she growled and pulled me hard.

now that i'm facing her, i can see the vein popping out her forehead. she's THAT mad. i can visibly see the huge scratch on her neck -- it serves as a reminder of how stupid i can be. why the fuck did i scratch her knowing damn well that i'll be screwed if i try to fight back in the slightest.

earlier today, jennie approached me while i was minding my own business. i wasn't in my best mood so i accidentally lashed at her, resulting in me kind of shouting at her, and pushing her away, and well -- scratching her neck accidentally. i swear to the heavens above that it was indeed an accident. i'm never a violent person ever nor am i someone who likes to get physical.

"i-i-i'm sorry," i pleaded. tears pricking my eyes.

for a moment i thought i felt her softened, but maybe i was wrong because before i could even blink or protest -- she was already dragging me away.

her steps were huge and quick, and that resulted in me having a very hard time catching up with her unreal pace. i quickly realized that she was dragging me to the school's parking lot where there aren't a whole of people. when we came to a complete stop, she threw my wrist from her brute grip and angrily faced me.

for a second, i thought of running, but that thought quickly dispersed when she shouted at me.

"look what you did to my neck!" she craned her neck to the side to show the huge scratch that i, jisoo kim, inflicted. "what the fuck was that for, jisoo?" she barked.

that was for being a complete jerk ever since i transferred here.

i wanted to shout that to her face, but of course, i wouldn't. i don't want to dump more fuel in the already raging fire. i'm reckless, but i'm not stupid.

"i-i-i'm really sorry, nini," i pleaded. i mentally cringed at the nickname, but it was too late to take it back because i've already said it.

i made a mental note to never call her by her pet name ever again.

"sorry?" she asked through gritted teeth. "what the hell would your sorry do?"