10. Start of The Rings' Battle

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

"Squalo," Levi called out, gaining his comrade's attention. "the boss wants to see you, hurry."

"Tch, I'm going," Squalo answered getting up from the couch he was laying on. His silver locks swayed as he made his way to his boss.

In the living room, the remaining members observed the whole interaction, wondering why Xanxus would call for Squalo.

"Ushishishi, is the boss angry?"

"Ara ara, I don't think so, Squalo-chan brought the rings back after all. He's probably going to congratulate him."

"Ten days after he gave them to him?" Yucca rhetorically asked, "I doubt it."

"I agree," Mammon added in a murmur. Looking at the ring in their hand, they narrowed their eyes, "I bet they are fake."

Silence

"Really," Bell's grin dropped for a second. "is he trying to play this prince?"

"My is that true?" Lussuria asked his tone going down.

Crash

"Well, we have our answer," Yucca said sighing as he stood up from his seat.

The living room's door opened, letting Xanxus in. Wearing a permanent scowl, Squalo followed behind closely with a bloody nose.

"We're leaving for Japan." Xanxus' voice boomed, "We'll obliterate them."

::

{Varia's private jet}

"I didn't think my research would come in handy," Yucca confessed as he gave files out to the other Varia member. "no offense boss."

"The boss' orders are always justified," Levi grunted as he read the paper Yucca handed. "Don't question their legitimacy."

"Yes, yes, my bad."

"Why is the mist page blank?" Mammon inquired. "The others all have precise information on all possible candidate to the guardian title. Mist only has a few names and nothing useful."

Flipping through his, own file Lussuria nodded "Mammon-chan's right."

"Ushishi, didn't you say information gathering was one of your fortes?"

"Shut up." Xanxus growled. "It doesn't matter with or without these we'll crush them. Trash will always be trash."

"The boss is right, I believe in you, Mammon. I'm sure you'll succeed anyway." Yucca provided. "And my information probably isn't as accurate as before. In ten days they should have had enough time to prepare," he added thoughtfully.