Prologue

Welcome to the new version y'all. As a heads up, a lot of this won't have changed, it's just edited now, with a few added details/information, so you can quickly scan through or skip it all together, until the end of Chapter 15, if you really want. Chapters have been compacted, so there are less but they are longer...

Jimin...had been acting weird lately.

Well, weirder than normal anyway.

And right now, you were avoiding that weirdness.

It was currently 6:30 a.m., and what were you doing? Walking to school. Why? To avoid the new, borderline creepy behavior of your lifelong best friend.

You sighed, rubbing your tired eyes. I shouldn't even be up at this hour, let alone walking to freaking school. I swear, when this is over, Imma slap that boy upside the head so hard he'll be seeing stars for days.

The sun hadn't even completely risen yet! And you didn't even want to think about the ungodly hour you'd woken up at just to out here right now.

You cringed as you glanced over at his house. Sadly, it was right next to yours, and on the way to school. You didn't think he was even awake yet, but, just in case, you had a plan.

Jimin has these giant bushes lining his front garden that made the perfect cover for those on a stealthy ninja mission, (like your own), and if you went through them at just the right angles, you could pass by without being seen by anyone in the house at all.

You snuck over, nervously glancing over at Jimin's window, which unfortunately faced yours.

The curtains were closed. Score.

You looked back to the front of the house, eyeing the hedges.

It's now or never.

You carefully crept up to the first bush, heart pounding. After a few seconds, you leapt to the next one. Four more to go. You leapt from bush to bush, getting more excited each time as you saw the end nearing.

Finally, you were at the last bush, and you walked confidently away from it, proud of yourself. That's right, no one can stand in the way of-

"Y/N!"

You froze as the familiar voice reached your ears, the excitement in it tangible.

Sighing, you turned to look at the angelic face that was your current doom.

"...hey Jimin."

The grin on his face widened.

Better luck next time.

————————

...a few days earlier:

It was a peaceful autumn day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, your brother was screaming because you'd shaved his eyebrows off while he was sleeping in retaliation for eating the piece of pizza you'd specifically told him was yours. All was well.

You'd swung open your window and leaned out to yell your victory to your neighbor/best friend, and that's when you realized...something was off.

Jimin was there, as usual. His hair a little mussed up, also usual for when he'd just woken up.

Everything would have seemed perfectly normal. If he didn't somehow look like death itself, his eye bags purple, his skin dull, and his eyes puffy.

Even that though, could have been normal. Maybe he'd just had a late night.

No, the truly unsettling thing, was the way he was looking at you. His gaze was crazed, and you swore he was about to murder you or something. This was it. He'd finally gone off the deep end. He'd found out that you were the one that broke his favorite figurine back in fifth grade. Something had happened to make him look at you with insanity dancing in his eyes and smile.

So of course you did the logical thing.

Screamed and dropped from the window.

What the heck? What the heck what the heck what the he- Panic started to fill you. I didn't even get to graduate high school!

Right at that moment, your brother came stomping into your room. "Y/N!!!!" He roared, enraged. Forgetting your panic momentarily, you turned to look at him...

And lost it.

"O-oh my g-gosh...not so good-looking anymore are we?" You pretended to gasp in shock and concern through your heaving laughter. "Whatever will Ji-Eun say?"

You knew his precious girlfriend would still love him after this. He was like her baby. She'd probably laugh a little, then spend the rest of the day soothing his injured feelings. That woman was an angel.

Pity.

Jungkook pointed his finger at me, shaking in anger. "Just you wait, Y/N...I'll get you back for this...I-I'll tell mom!"

You laughed even harder. "With what proof, bro? You know she only takes hard evidence, and you don't even know for sure it was me! It could have been any one of your ex-partners, you always did break it off with them rather badly..." you trailed off, taunting him.

"W-well," he spluttered. "You're laughing! Of course you're guilty!"

"Oh trust me, brother dear, the whole school will be laughing once they see you like this, so with that logic, wouldn't they all be guilty as well?"

His face grew even redder, if that was even possible, and his normally large round eyes were screwed up almost to non existence. You was sure his eyebrows would be furrowed as far as they could go...if he had any.

You smirked to yourself. Nice one.

You were about to remark on this to him, but your mother called the both of you from downstairs to come eat breakfast. You gestured for him to go first, knowing he hated to be told what to do.

He started to growl at you, but you yelled a "Coming Mama!" and shoved him down the staircase before he could do anything.

He stumbled a few steps, before catching himself and then turning to flip you the finger, mouthing a silent, "I'll get you back for this.", then grumbling as he made his way down the rest of the stairs.

You grinned, then grinned wider as you heard the shriek of laughter coming from your mother, all the way in the kitchen. "What-what happened to you, s-sweetie?" She could barely push the sentence out before bursting out into peals of laughter once again.

He couldn't tell her it was you, since he had no evidence. (You'd made sure of that) and she absolutely hated when you accused without evidence, and wouldn't accept it. You'd actually end up getting in trouble, instead of the person you'd accused.

You heard him grumble something unintelligible, muffled by your mother's shaking laughter.

You headed back into your room to get ready before going down to breakfast, humming happily to yourself, before remembering your earlier predicament.

Creeping cautiously back to the window, you could see Jimin moving around, most likely gathering his things for school. Thank goodness.

He suddenly looked up, and you almost had a heart attack, but he just smiled and waved before going back to his duties, and you frowned slightly. Maybe you'd just imagined it. So it was nothing after all, I'm just paranoid.

You immediately forgot about your previous fear, and resumed your humming and packing, missing the way he immediately looked back up at you, a lovesick expression on his face.

"I love you, Y/n..."