Part 29: Alpha's Warrior (1)

Third POV

The content sigh flew from Alex's mouth as she snuggled into her mate. The pair were giddy after the night of passion they shared. Rush ran his fingers through his mates hair, as he thought of how lucky he was to have been paired with the white-haired beauty. He began to whisper vulgar things into his mates ears causing her to giggle like a child. He then moved to the valley between her breats, softly nibbling as his mate shivered in anticipation. The morning was spent recreating what had happened last night, but in the shower.

Alex has never been so happy in her life.

The pair then changed and moved downstairs into the kitchen, where a group stood staring smugly at the pair. The whole house heard what occurred last night between their Alpha and future Luna. Many of the pack members were ecstatic to see such a change in their usual cold-hearted Alpha and future Luna. Breakfast was filled with laughter and joy, a complete 180 from the usual tense and silent dining. In the moment, it was as if there were no worries.

However, the pessimistic white haired beauty knew it wouldn't last. She knew if she was happy, something bad would follow. Her childhood led her to believe that her happiness would always be followed by tragedy. As she ate her pancakes and held hands with her mate, she couldn't stop the negative thoughts from attacking her mind.

Alpha Rush was content having his mate by his side. He enjoyed seeing her laugh and smile, for it was a rare sight, and a beautiful one. His mind replayed the intimate moments they shared last night, as his inner wolf growled in excitement because of their mating.

He longed to have a mate since he was a child, but at the age of 15 he fell in love with a young girl who was not his mate. Knowing he would have a mate didnt change the fact that he fell head-over-heels for the she wolf. At the age of 17, the girl broke his heart. She never loved him, only wanted to make him fall for her, for his soon to be title. He was angry at himself for letting another girl touch him who wasn't his mate, but he was young and reckless. Alpha Rush felt ashamed for trying to keep his mate at an arms length in the beginning, it wasn't her fault he was scared to love again. She was his mate, she would never hurt him.

The clanging of forks and spoons on plates were interrupted by a howl. A howl of a battle cry.

The table soon turned back into the usual tense environment. The wolves jumped from their chairs, running towards the field. Rogues stood at the border, baring their rotting teeth. Front and center of the pack of rogues stood the white-haired woman that plagued the dreams of Alexandra. Warriors and fighters soon stood behind their Alpha's and future Luna.

The stench of a dead person wafted through the thick, hot air. The white-haired woman moved forward, holding something in her hand. As she got closer, the stench of death did as well. Standing a foot away from her daughter, she gave a mock bow and threw the pike she was holding in front of Alexandra. Alex tried to refuse her eyes from looking down, but they seemed to move on their own accord.

The head of the white-haired boy was stuck on the pike. It took everything she had in her not to show how much her mother affected her. Yet, one treacherous tear slipped from her eye, causing the white-haired woman to smile.

"Demon child, and the demon. Together again."