Chapter 27

Dedicated Chapter Song: The Last Goodbye - Billy Boyd

We came all this way
But now comes the day
To bid you farewell.
Many places I have been.
Many sorrows I have seen.
But I don't regret
Nor will I forget
All who took the road with me.
(Annalise Kasahara-Ackerman)

(A/N: I've been leading up to this chapter for a very long time and all I have to say is

(A/N: I've been leading up to this chapter for a very long time and all I have to say is... it hurt to even write this part. I'm gonna be taking some inspiration from one of my favorite games, as some of you have seen referenced before for the uh...later on scene...I hope you all enjoy it. Try not to cry too much)

The quiet echo of a giggle behind her halted further action from Anna. "I knew that would trigger you to show up," she smirked, turning around to face the white haired woman. "It's over, Hysteria. You've got nothing left. We have the Colossal Titan."

"Not yet you don't." Hysteria cackled. "There's still time for me to take him back-"

"And then what, huh?! We'll still be here! You can't run from us any longer!" Anna screamed, mostly in anger from the amount of pain she was in. "Let's end this here and now!"

Hysteria smiled. "Okay." she said. "But you have to play one last game for me. You have to catch me first." and she was off. Clearly Hysteria was weak because she wasn't teleporting like she'd done the whole time during the Battle, but she was actually running. "She's running back towards the inner Wall!" Cayden said.

Ruby slammed against the rooftop once she'd finally escaped her Titan form, weary and tired. "A-A-Armin?!" she gasped once looking up and spotting his dying body. "Eren, Mikasa and Ruby, stay with Armin and make sure he eats the Colossal Titan!" Anna ordered.

"No, I'm coming with you!" Ruby insisted. "I don't care if you say no, I'll still follow you anyways! You can't do this alone!"

"She's right." Levi said. "We won't leave you to take her on by yourself."

Anna wished she could've smiled. But she didn't. "You're out of gas," she reminded Levi, but saw that he was already switching with Eren. "Grrr..." she growled, then just decided it was best not to be angry at anyone for wanting to help. This battle wasn't just about her. It was about all of them.

Anna took off in a mad dash after the Queen of Demons, using whatever gas she had left to her advantage. Behind her was Jean, Sasha, Connie, Cayden, Levi, and Hanji. Anna had barely paid much attention to anyone besides her brother and her husband, but sadly enough it seemed that Hanji had yet again lost an eye.