2.7 (Part 1)

Sorry it took me so long to update! As you can see this is a two part chapter, so the next half should be up tomorrow or the next day(: enjoy xx

I was awoken once again by the repetitive buzzing coming from my phone beneath my pillow. One of these nights I will remember to put it on silent before falling to sleep.

Rolling over, I grab it only to see Luke's number flashing across the screen.

"Hello?" I answer groggily.

"Are you ready for our date?" Luke cheered into the phone loudly, making my half asleep body flinch. I glance at the clock, groaning.

"Luke, it is only 7:30 in the morning!"

"Trust me, you are going to want to wake up for this," he coaxed excitedly.

"I hate you," I laugh, closing my eyes again.

"Awh, always so sweet when you wake up," he teases, knowing that I am only kidding. "Did your mom leave for work already?"

"Yeah, why?" I yawn, rubbing my eyes.

"Perfect, I will be over in ten minutes."

"Luke-"but before I could protest the line went silent. Groaning, I sit up, slapping my cheeks lightly until my eyes stay open. I force myself out of bed, looking in the mirror to see my strewn hair and blotchy face. I only had 10 minutes.

I ran to the bathroom, splashing my face with water before putting on light makeup. I brushed my hair out, ignoring the small waves towards the front. It looked fine enough. Running back to my room I just stood there staring at my closet. I didn't even know where we were going, how was I supposed to get dressed?

I searched through my drawers frantically, glancing at the clock every few seconds. I grabbed a pair of light denim jean shorts, and a cute grey t-shirt, slipping them both on quickly. Just as I was spraying myself with perfume, there was a knock on the front door. I ran down the steps, slipping on the last one. I nearly screamed, but grabbed onto the railing right before I could fall. Straightening myself out, I opened the door.

I was left breathless once again at how cute this boy managed to be. Luke was wide awake, bouncing on his feet with energy. He stepped into my house, the morning light barely creeping through the windows to illuminate his dimply grin. I would never get tired of looking at him.

"Morning cutie," he smirks, turning towards the staircase and beginning to walk up to my room.

I run up behind him, confused as ever, and trying to keep up. We reach my room where Luke plops down on the bed, taking off his backpack and placing it onto the floor. I watch as his eyes scan my room in search of something.

"What are you looking for?"

He glances at me quickly before resuming his subtle search, "You need sneakers."

"Okay?" I raise my eyebrows, sitting on the floor to slip into my converse.

"Where do you keep all of your kiddie stuff?" Luke questions, squinting towards my closet.

"Psh, I don't know what you are talking about. I don't have kiddie things," I blush, focusing on tying my shoes.

He just raises his eyebrows, smirking at me.

"In the bin at the top of my closet," I mumble embarrassed. Luke smiles victoriously as he opens my closet door. Reaching to the top, he brought down the sparkly pink bin with ease, unlike me who had to stand on a chair just to reach it.

As he pulls it down, a small crumpled grey shirt fell down, landing by Luke's feet. I watched as he spread it out, looking at me with soft eyes.

"You kept this? This whole time?" his voice was soft with disbelief as he held up the Nirvana shirt he let me borrow on the night that I first met him.