10

(One Week Later) - Peter's POV

"Okay, so here's the plan. We sneak into the basement, grab the substance, and get the hell out of there," I said. (Y/n) nodded.

We made our way to the elevator when (Y/n) was stopped by Chris.

"Hey (Y/n). Where are you going?" He asked. My spidey senses were tingling, so I decided to go get my Spiderman suit on. I quickly ran to the bathroom and changed, since the suit was already in my backpack. They were already in the elevator, so I decided to go down the stairs.

I saw a lab coat sitting on a table, so I decided to grab it and put it on. Still suspicious because a man in a skin tight red suit is running around, but less suspicious. I reached the basement level and waited for (Y/n) and Chris to get out of the elevator.

They came out about a minute later, so I trailed behind them. No one was in the basement, and there was a door that needed to be opened by a key card. (Y/n) pulled it out of her pocket and opened the door. I waited until her and Chris went all the way in, and then I bolted to the door. It was about to close, but I got in just in time.

I tossed the lab coat to the side and climbed up the wall to the ceiling. I decided to just watch them and make sure that (Y/n) stuck to the plan.

"I mean, I guess so. Peter is probably my best friend," she said with a shrug. I smiled under my mask.

"Do you like him?" Chris asked as (Y/n) moved towards the substance.

"Not really. I don't like anyone," she said. It broke my heart that she didn't like me, but at least she doesn't like someone else.

"I can change that," Chris said, moving closer to her. I could tell that she was uncomfortable, but I decided not to intrude.

"Oh, um. Well, I have to just grab this and go," she said, moving away and grabbing a test tube. She put it in the pocket of her lab coat, and started grabbing a couple more.

"Are you sure you can't stay?" Chris asked, pinning her against the wall.

"Yes, Chris. I'm sure," she said, annoyed. She shoved him into a table with her unusually strong arms.

"Fuck you!" Chris yelled, running at her. She easily dodged him, and then ran around a table. Chris grabbed one of the test tubes and threw it at her. She easily caught it and shoved it into her pocket.

"Now, I recommend that you leave before things get ugly," she said, grabbing the test tubes.

"They already have," Chris said. (Y/n) snorted and rolled her eyes. Chris smirked and grabbed the last test tube, throwing it onto the ground.

"Now why did you have to do that?" (Y/n) asked with a groan. Chris smiled evilly and stepped on the substance. It was a thick black goo, and it crawled up his leg and around his whole body.

"Damn okay," (Y/n) said while flying up. She shot at Chris, but then the goo overtook him. He grew about three feet taller, and his mouth was huge. He had eyes similar to the ones on my suit, and he had a huge mouth with a long tongue.

"What are you?" (Y/n) asked, mockingly. She threw lasers at him.

"Venom," he said in an ugly voice.

"That's the lamest thing I've ever heard, but okay, Venom," she said, picking him up and throwing him across the lab.

She stood there and dusted fake dust off of herself. Venom got up behind her, and was about to attack her. I swung down on a web and grabbed her by the waist.

"Peter?" She asked, stunned.

"Yep," I said, shooting a web at Venom, "now let's get the hell out of here." She nodded, and I grabbed her waist and shot a web, pulling us both out of there.

We ran into the elevator as Venom ran to the exit of the basement. We quickly went to the main floor, and I changed back into my clothes on the way there.

"I'm just saying, if Nicki Minaj says that the dick so big like a tower, I'm not talkin' about Eiffel's, what is she talking about?" We heard Bella say. We looked over to see Bella and Erica near the water fountain.

"I don't know. Maybe like a cellphone tower?" Erica suggested.

"Good point. Or a skyscraper? I need clarification," Bella said, taking a sip of water.

"Guys! Chris stepped on a mysterious substance in the basement and now he's this weird monster thing!" I yelled.

"Damn. I always knew that he was a weirdo. We'll be back," Erica said, dragging Bella into her office.

They came out a couple minutes later. Bella looked angry while Erica looked proud. Suddenly, Venom climbed up the stairs and ran straight for (Y/n).

"Goddamn! Chris! What the hell are you doing?" Bella yelled, suddenly shooting a ball of power out of her hands. Venom fell to the ground, and then turned into full goo.

"Ew," Erica said while moving the goo away with her mind.

"You guys have powers too?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yeah. Joey has teleportation and Rosie has super speed and super strength. Chris had nothing, but we think he was just evil," Erica explained.

"Wow! Cool," (Y/n) said.

"It's not cool. Listen, we aren't interns. We're their lab experiments," Bella said quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"They test on teenagers our age and try and make them into villains. Usually it works, but for us four it didn't. They usually kill the good ones, but we were lucky," Erica said.

"Yeah. We don't go home, Peter. We stay here. We have cells," Bella said.

"We're busting you guys out of here," (Y/n) said.

"Really?" Erica asked.

"Of course. You guys don't deserve to be trapped here. Get the others. We're gonna find and attack Chris. Also known as Venom," I said. The girls (minus Y/n) nodded and ran to find their friends.

"Peter," (Y/n) said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I don't know what to do. How can we get a read on Venom?" She asked.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out," I said. She hugged me, which caught me off guard, but I gladly hugged back.

"Thank you," she said.

"No problem."