Chapter 5

Since it was Friday, I jumped on the opportunity to go out with everyone. After this mornings events, Finn seemed reluctant but he gave in. That didn't stop him from sending me worried glances for the rest of the day.

So after my lecture, Owen and I waited outside the Business building for Emma and Finn as well as Jason, who was coming from a near by engineering building. We all ended around 6 but our classes started at different times.

Once we were all gathered outside, we decided to go to our apartment first so we could drop all of our shit off and so I could change.

"Do either of you have a car?" I asked Owen and Emma as we walked to one of the nearby parking lots.

"I do. Why?" Owen asked.

"Because my D-pole is in ours so all five of us can squeeze into the first row of our Suburban or you can drive." I replied.

"I'll drive. Just give me your address and I'll meet you there." Owen said before passing me his phone. I typed it into the gps and handed the it back to him.

"What's a D-pole?" Emma asked while looking at the four of us like we had seven heads.

"I forget you're from Alabama until you say things like that." Jason stated. "You know we play lacrosse?" Emma nodded with her black eyebrows drawn together. "So defense players have longer shafts on their sticks so they can block easier. So Sylvia had a D-pole while the three of us have normal sticks."

"I'll have to see one of your guys's games some time. But I'll need you guys to explain it to me before because I don't even know how it works."

"I'll go with you to one of their games in the spring." Jason replied as we reached the Suburban. "So are you coming with us or Owen?"

Emma's glance lingered on Owen for a moment before she spoke up. "I'll head to the apartment with you guys because I want to finish this conversation."

Owen gave a nod and pulled his keys out. "See you guys in five."

Once we all climbed into the car, Finn started the engine and we pulled out of the parking space. "Don't you play with the three of them?" Emma asked, referring to Jason's earlier statement.

"Nah. I only play with Sylvia and Finn. My NCAA contract was up my senior year. The three of us are here for Olympic training. They play with Owen on the school team." Jason explained.

I heard Emma let out a very quiet gasp that she tried to suppress. "You three are going to be in the Olympics?"

"The one and only." Finn replied with a smile on his face.

"That's how we know Jason, we met him at trials." I explained while watching the road ahead of us. I still don't think Finn or myself drove like NASCAR drivers. We were perfectly average aggressive Northeasterners. Although everyone not from CT or NewYork just calls us New Yorkers. It was annoying really, but that's besides the point.

"They weren't dating back then so I didn't have to deal with shit like this," Jason gestured from his seat behind Finn to our hands that were intertwined on the console. "Then they show up in April all lovey-dovey and it's too late to back out. Next thing I know I'm walking in on them having sex."

I turned my whole body around to see a blushing Emma. I suppose she was an innocent one compared to everyone else I knew. Or maybe I'm just blunt from being one of the guys. My gaze however, settled on Jason. I glared at him with everything I am.

"No one told you to break into our apartment."

"It's not breaking in if the landlord let me up." This was the first time Jason had spoken directly too me since this morning. The car ride to campus was awkward to say the least, but I didn't say anything. "And no one told you to fuck your boyfriend on the island in the kitchen."