Candel Light

Part Ten

"Where are they?"

"Where are they?"

"Baby, breathe."

"I'm. Trying."

Namjoon slipped his hand into Seokjin's to help him steady his breathing, as he saw the boy having trouble containing his anger. It seemed to work - slightly. Jin squared his shoulders back, trying to soften his gaze. Almost all of the Courts' members were assembled. Each beautifully dressed in extravagant ball gowns with only two missing. It was making Jin's skin itch at not having everyone in place.

Namjoon rubbed Jin's palm with his thumb, noticing how stress has recently made matters worse as the Courts' leader never had a moment to himself. Inbetween investigating the breach, putting on the Golden Gala, taking care of Jimin, and making sure each student felt happy, safe, and noticed, Jin was really on a tight fuse.

"You look beautiful tonight," Namjoon purred into Seokjin's neck, nudging his jewels with his nose. Seokjin was dressed in a massive rose pink gown that swept the floor with each shift of movement. He had a silver shawl wrapped around his shoulders, and delicate jewelry to accessorize it. Tonight was the Golden Gala, where each former princesses as well as reigning princess held a ball for an equal amount of students with the highest grades in the school.

Ong Seongwu's former guard, Jackson, was already checking their guests invitations as well as appropriate dress at the front gate. Jin's former guard, Kang Daniel, was riling up the boys who were working the party in the back. Jin noted Taehyung in the mix, and it only made the hair on the back of his neck stand.

Jungkook better bring Jimin fast - or Jin might just explode.

The ball room was decorated with golden blooming flowers as well as drapings of beautiful, glistening, fabric. The only light was that from the chandeliers which held over a hundred flickering candles each. Jin caught his breath when he first walked in, Namjoon having to steady him by placing a hand on his back. It was truly stunning. Jin knew his date to the ball shouldn't have come in until the doors officially were open to the guests, but Joon was already at the very top of the schools academics anyway so Jin had decided it couldn't hurt to have him come in earlier to help sort out all the little details.

Besides, Jin needed him.

"Joonie," SeokJin hissed out after a couple minutes, "I'm getting worried. They're still not here."

"I know, baby, I know. You know Yoongi's always late, Jiminie is already on his way. Jungkook left to fetch him moments ago."

"I will not have our guests waiting."

"Jin. Breath."

Jin clenched his jaw tightly, flexing his fingers before glueing his eyes to the massive wooden doors that accompanied the top of a stunning grand staircase made of stone. He sighed heavily, rubbing his temples which slightly diminished his foundation, "He's hiding something, Joonie. I can just - feel it."

"Who? Jimin? Trust me the only thing he's hiding is that he's gay." Namjoon laughed, ruffling the material of his classical grey suit. His shirt underneath matched Jin's rose pink, as well as did his shoes. Jin gave him sharp look, and Namjoon's laugh died out.

"No. Yoongi."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because suddenly he wants to help out. Suddenly he's interested in Court Business. Suddenly he cares. That boy doesn't do anything without an agenda."

"Maybe he's just lonely, love." Namjoon said softly as he brought a hand to Jin's cheek, caressing it with his thumb. Jin fluttered his eyes closed as he melted into the younger's touch, shaking his head. "It happens to the best of us. That's how we met, sneaking off to my dorm freshmen year when you got lonely in those isolated princess quarters."

SeokJin didn't budge.

"He's not telling us something. You know it too. He's your friend more than mine." Jin muttered, pulling away.

"Jin bear," Namjoon said softly, sighing. He placed his hands on Jin's shoulder's lovingly, rubbing them as he tried to catch his eye. "Now you're conspiring. Baby, you worked so hard to put on this beautiful ball, enjoy it, just for tonight. I hate that you've stopped sleeping."

"Well I hate secrets, Joon Moon."

"Who's the one keeping secrets?" Purred a rough, husky voice, startling the couple. Min Yoongi plastered an amused smirk on his face, making even his own gorgeous silver gown look sinister. The material looked as if it had been torn from the sky itself, and each step shimmered a new hue. Yoongi was always late to any event the Courts threw, sometimes not bothering to show up at all, but for all the boy's talk he still had enough respect for the Golden Gala to participate each year.

Jin clenched his jaw, and Namjoon slipped his hand into Jin's quickly to give the man a squeeze. He could feel Jin's blood pulse rapidly, the younger leaned his head in closer to Seokjin's neck. He pecked the boy's cheek before Namjoon whispered something so softly that only the Courts' Head could hear it.

Breath.

>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<
A/N - so coming up is some fluff before I drop some shit.... 😁

Personal rant summary: (typed it in full but I'll just give you guys the take away since I'm nice.) Moral - people are meh sometimes

- A very drained Violette