Newest Creation

A/N: Has it really been 9 months since my last update? Finally finished this chapter, still unsure on how it turned out, so please comment and let me know if you like it! Next chapter is half-written already, so hopefully I can finish it soon. Love y'all! <3

You stared at the man in horror, unable to move. Tears sprung into your eyes as you remembered your parents faces. What was this man going to do to you? He moved into the room, startling you slightly. He smiled at you softly, and pulled up a chair to sit across from you.

"I believe we got off to a bad start yesterday, Y/N." He said in a quiet voice. He seemed to have noticed your fear, looking at you as if you were a porcelain doll, fit to break at any moment. "I think it's in our best interest that I explain to you your current situation."

You clutched the sheets of your bed, listening intently, and looking at him from the corner of your eye. He gave you another pleasant smile, and gestured to the side table. "Before that, though, do you need something for that terrible headache you must have? I'm quite surprised you don't have a concussion from that blow." He let out a small chuckle. "You really should try to be more careful, doll."

I should be more careful? You thought. I was trying to escape him! You looked over to where he had gestured. There was two pills resting on a napkin, with a glass of water beside it. You didn't move, instead glanced at him cautiously.

He stared back at you, amused. "What?" He asked. "You don't trust me? I promise I didn't tamper with it, darling." Him saying that did nothing to appease your fears, and after a moment, he sighed, his voice edged with slight irritation. "Fine, then. Suit yourself. But that headache isn't going to be doing you any favors."

He shifted closer to you, focusing his attentions on you completely. You felt the urge to run again, but forced it down. Not yet.

The man spoke, placing a hand on his chest. " My name is Jason. I'm a toy maker, and I'm incredibly proud of the work I do." He paused. "But you'll see that soon." Before you could ask what he meant, he stood up, brushing off his pants, and offered you his hand. You ignored it, standing up on your own, and stumbling slightly, pain shooting through your skull. Jason placed a hand on your shoulder to steady you, and you froze. He used his hand to gently push you forward and out the door.

Jason gave you no time to react, or to speak, as he lead you through the halls, speaking softly, but his words held vigor and excitement behind them. He was clearly excited to show you around, and your confusion- on top of the splitting headache- made it hard for you to respond.

"Now, I'm sure you can tell, but this is my place, my home, I suppose. It's technically a factory, though I've renovated it, you can barely tell anymore. " He turned a corner sharply, tugging you forward. He refused to let go of your arm. You suspected he knew how strong your urge to run was, but his grip wasn't tight. Just firm.

"There are places here you shouldn't go -you'll learn them soon enough, don't worry- they're a bit dangerous, still under renovations, and all that. Now!"

Jason turned to face you quickly, his face bright. You jumped back slightly, but his hand was still on your shoulder, keeping you in place. "I'm a toymaker, Y/N." He said seriously. You gave him a confused look. Did he think you forgot? He continued. "My work is incredibly important to me, because I can do things no other toymaker can do. " He stepped back from you, finally taking his arm off you to open the set of double doors in front of you. "My living room, " He said, gesturing for you to go inside. You hesitated, considering the chances of escape once again in your mind, before stepping through the door.

It was wonderful.

Toy airplanes soared above your head, chasing each other. Teddy bears waved at you, a few wrapping their arms around your calf in a soft hug. clockwork mice wound circles around you, being chased by patchwork cats. You let out a giggle, covering your mouth with your hand. You couldn't believe this. Had you gone insane? You pet the head of a teddy bear. He seemed real enough for you.

Jason hand fell on your shoulder, and you were jolted back into reality. You spun around, taking a few steps away from him. The feeling of fear came back. He let go of you, and instead sat on the couch. The toys seemed to be drawn to him. He ignored them to focus his attention on you, but you noticed the slight smile that tugged at his lips as the toys surrounded him.

"Y/N," he began, " These toys are alive in nearly every sense. They do not breathe, but they respond to me, they feel, they think. To bring life to something requires a connection with it. To have one destroyed hurts more than you can imagine, especially so with the ones I favor." He eyed you carefully, making sure you understood. You thought about the bunny toy you destroyed.

"I'm sorry," you said. Your voice was hoarse from not speaking all day. Jason's eyes narrowed, still not looking at you. He seemed to be thinking. Eventually, he spoke quietly.

"I usually do not forgive such mistakes." He said. You tensed up nervously. "But, you did not know any better, I suppose. When I came to you, I intended to fix you. - I'm a toymaker, after all. I can fix anything," He added, seeing your confused look. "When I got back, however, I realized I didn't give you a fair chance. Perhaps if you knew that a friend-" Jason pointed earnestly to himself, "-Had given it to you, you would have never destroyed it." His voice began to rise in excitement as he continued.

"So that was it, then! A second chance at life! To get to know each other, to mold you into the perfect doll, without tools interfering! My newest creation," He finished breathlessly, turning towards you. His honey- colored eyes sparkled with excitement.

As he spoke, your confusion and anxiety had built up. But now it was too much for you. You stood up. "What are you talking about?" You shouted. "What do you mean, doll? What were you going to do to me? Are you keeping me here? What about my parents- what about what I want? I'm not your anything!" You finished, tears streaming down your face. You were starting to hyperventilate, the situation you were in finally too much for you to handle.

Jason seemed to stare at you for an eternity. His eyebrows slowly drew together, and his hands tightened into fists. He suddenly stood and walked out, slamming the door behind him, the walls shaking from the force. You stood there, frozen for a second. What just happened? Your lower lip trembled slightly, out of fear. The thought you had earlier resurfaced, what was he going to do to you? Then you blinked, a realization came.

You ran.

Jason couldn't keep you here if he couldn't find you.