1 - How it Started

If you can guess what show this picture is from, then I love you. (PS, this is how I imagine the town.)

Alright, here we go. Enjoy the journey.

 ☾

It all started when Harry turned into a werewolf.

Then to make matters worse, it seemed like it continued to build up when Harry was pregnant with his and Louis' fourth pup.

Harry was just entering his second trimester at the time, having just celebrated the triplet's fourth birthday. Everything was perfectly normal and fine. Him and Louis were in a very stable place. He was a healthy twenty one year old pregnant omega who was bonded to his twenty three year old protective alpha. Life was good - great even. The pack had been prospering over the years since the war was over. There was a new generation of pups being created at the moment, so nearly each month the pack was growing at a steady rate. Since the celebration of the war, it just seemed like everyone was ready to move forward and continue to grow the success of the pack, even Harry found himself doing the same thing from time to time, but on certain days, whenever the sky was just a little grayer and the wind blew a little harder, Harry would sit and think about those seven wolves who didn't survive the war, and then he would sometimes think about everything that happened so quickly within the span of year when he was a teenager. So much had happened in such a little amount of time, and Harry just gets hit with those wave of emotions now more than ever since he became pregnant.

Sometimes, whenever Harry would look around, he really wished could be Ed there with him. Ed had always been a good friend to Harry - the best - and he always seemed like he knew what he was doing whenever it came to the werewolf world, so Harry just really thought Ed would've been a comforting face to have whenever he was first going through the struggles of his transition. Ed could've been the best friend Harry needed at the time, but he wasn't, and it hurt Harry right in the heart knowing that there was nothing he could do to bring Ed back. At times, he would look at Gretchen and Gracie, sometimes at Ellie, and just feel sad because Ed never got to watch his mate grow their pups and never got to watch his pups actually grow up. Then he would look at his own kids and feel that exact same guilt and pain, hating that his best friend never got to meet his children and be a constant figure in their lives.

Then Harry would wish for Mark to be alive for Louis' sake. So much had been thrown on Louis since the minute of Mark's murder, and Harry always hated how the world was suddenly on Louis' shoulders. He knew Mark was a great and caring alpha, and he could have helped Louis through one of the hardest times in his life, but he wasn't there, so Louis had to do everything on his own. Harry wished Mark could see how amazing of an alpha Louis turned out to be, and then he would wish that Mark got to meet his first set of grandchildren, but Mark never got the chance, and Harry hated it.

And as much as Harry should be focused on the now, he can't. Harry simply can't because even though things have been going pretty well in his life, he still felt like there was something unusual going around. Harry felt like there was a sudden shift in the air, and ever since he found out he was pregnant, he started feeling like he was on edge every time he left the confines of his home. Harry used to worry and be constantly on the look out before he even turned into a wolf, and of course it heightened once he actually became one, but now, Harry had never felt this level of sudden paranoia before in his life. He couldn't tell if it was his hormones, and he couldn't tell if he was just getting too comfortable in his life that he was expecting something bad to happen soon, but that nagging feeling was there, and it wouldn't go away no matter what Harry did to calm himself down.

For starters, his children were acting different, not how typical four years should act. They looked different, they talked different, and their overall personalities were different. They seemed older than what they actually were, and it didn't help that they were growing at such a rapid rate that they were no longer the average height of what a four year old should be. They were well over a few inches of that which was concerning enough as it was, but then Harry would watch the way his children acted around the others, and he realized how much more mature they were despite being some of the youngest in the new generation. They towered over and talked over all the other kids like they were well past all their ages, and Harry just didn't understand the reasoning behind it. He didn't know if it was just the sad father in him that simply refused to acknowledge the fact that his babies were simply growing up by the day or if maybe it was the Tomlinson bloodline running through their veins that caused them to act like that, but even then, a four year old shouldn't know nearly half the vocabulary that his triplets do. That wasn't normal.