Chapter 5

Crow's POV:

I hugged Jonathan. I don't understand why someone would be that cruel to him. He's almost innocent in a way..sometimes. He pulled away. "At least its over now, for both of us," Jonathan stated. I smiled and nodded. We sat in silence for awhile. He might be talking to Scarecrow. I wonder if he's mad at Jonathan because I'm making him soft. Wait am I turning soft? Great... "I never asked you what you do."

    "What do you mean?"

     "Well you know how I make my fear toxins; what do you do?"

      "Oh, I make toxins just like you."

      "Does it involve fear?"

      "You'll find out soon enough," I answered. He smirked. I grabbed my book and tried to find where I left off.

"I was wondering if you'd like to live with Eddie and I." I looked up from my book.

   "Would he be comfortable with that?"

    "I'm sure he won't have a problem with it."

   "Okay," I said unsure.

     "Is that a yes?"

     "Yes... Yes it is." He smiled. I guess I'll share a lab with him..and possibly a room.

    "Curfew!" a guard yelled. I rolled my eyes. Jonathan chuckled.

    "Goodnight Crow."

    "Goodnight Jonathan."

2 weeks later~

I heard heels clicking in the hallway. Same endless routine. Almost every other day I have to talk to a psychiatrist. I wake up, have breakfast, go back to my cell, eat dinner, have free time, go back to my cell and then there's curfew. I sighed, "How can you stand doing this day after day?"

     "You eventually get used to it," Jonathan got up and pecked my lips. "Don't worry only a few more days.."

    "I know." I sighed. The door opened.

     "Ms. Crow?"

     "Yeah, yeah I'm ready." The guards came in and grabbed me. The guards escorted me to the office.

     "So how's the asylum?"

      "Boring as always, but my friends make it alright."

      "There's been rumors that Joker and Ms. Quinn are planning on escaping. I know you're close with Ms. Quinn so I assume you would know about it."

"Harley would tell me if they were planning to escape. They're not. Joker's getting tired of escaping then coming back again."

     "You better not be lying Ms. Crow." The whole 20 mintues went on like that. The time was up and I was thrown back into my cell.

    "Joker wants to escape earlier than planned," Jonathan first greeted me with.

    "When?" I asked. 

      "Tomorrow morning. Put your things together, try not to make it look suspicious." I nodded in response and began making it look like I was cleaning. A guard walked past as I slipped my books into a pile. He eyed me as I then walked to a shelf with the books in hand. The guard walked away, which let me turn around and drop them into a bag underneath the bed.

    "Dinner!" A guard shouted. Jonathan appeared by my side, his arm gently wrapped around my waist, making my body melt. I am growing soft..