Chapter 8

Jungkook

Jungkook stared blankly at the group settled comfortably in his living room. They were laughing heartily until Jungkook came in and suddenly there was a silence. 

"Jungkook! Y-You're back?" Jimin stammered. 

"J-Jungkook? What's going on?" a deep voice asked, nervously.

Jungkook groaned internally in his head. Good job, Jimin, just when he had finally convinced Taehyung to come to his place. Throwing a glare at his Hyungs he turned his attention to Taehyung whose face was pale and was gripping at the sleeves of the large hoodie. 

"H-Hyung, these are my friends," Jungkook managed to spit out.

Seeing as how the Hyungs were nervously glancing at each other (except for the always calm and chill Yoongi-Hyung) they knew the gist of what was going on. Jungkook couldn't help the small groan that escaped him as he realized that Taehyung would be furious that strangers knew his story because Jimin told them. 

When no one made any movements, Jungkook took off his shoes and knelt down, helping Taehyung out of his as he was currently too frozen to do anything. Distantly he heard what seemed to be Jin-Hyung awwing, and he threw the group another glare. Carefully guiding Taehyung towards the Hyungs, he sat them down on the carpet, facing the group while still keeping a distance. Just as Jungkook opened his mouth to introduce Taehyung, he was cut off by Jin-Hyung. 

"Aw, you poor thing," Jin cooed, throwing himself onto Taehyung. Jungkook and the rest of the group (even Yoongi-Hyung) gaped blatantly at the sudden turn of events. With furrowed brows, Jungkook took note of Taehyung's violently shaking hands and sweaty forehead, and gently pulled Jin off of him, curling a protective arm around his shoulder. 

"Hyung, don't make him feel uncomfortable." Namjoon laughed awkwardly, shutting up when Jin threw him a glare. 

"Taehyung-ssi, I've heard so much about you!"

Jungkook watched worriedly as Taehyung managed a nod and a weak smile. 

"Everyone in this room understands the condition you're in, so don't feel too burdened. We were actually waiting for you!" Jin cheerily continued. 

"More like you forced us to come." Yoongi mumbled, he ignored the hard stare from Jimin. 

"We even brought soju and a few other alcoholic beverages to, you know, loosen up." Hoseok piped up for the first time. 

Jungkook really couldn't help but smile endearingly when Taehyung startled at the new voice, eyes wide and blinking rapidly. 

"Uh, Tae doesn't really dri-"

"That's why I brought flavored soju, I have grapefruit." Jimin interrupted Jungkook who glanced over at Taehyung as if to ask for his permission. When he simply nodded and whispered a small okay, Jungkook let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and the long night began.

Taehyung

The last thing Taehyung remembered before blacking out was snuggling up to something warm. When he woke up again, he was in an unfamiliar bed being hugged from the back by someone. Not to mention it felt like his head was splitting open.

Taehyung wanted to bolt up and figure out what was going on, but for several reasons he didn't. For one thing, he was sure he would suffer a concussion if he made the slightest movement or throw up. Plus, the person back hugging him had a strong grip so he couldn't move an inch anyways. And although Taehyung would never admit it out loud, he felt weirdly warm and secure, so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that he couldn't get up.