Finale: Part One

"Hello?" I answered my phone, wondering who would be calling me on such a strange phone number.

"An inmate from the Charles County Correctional Facility has requested to speak with you. Will you accept the charg-"

I ended the call as soon as I could, shivering in disgust as I thought of who it might be, Dylan or his father. My sperm donor.

I cleared my thoughts and went back to what I was doing, finishing up some homework before one of my final exams.  It turned out that being pushed down the stairs, kidnapped and injured for long periods of time didn't do much to help one's grades. 

I had kept track of the media as of late but it was probably not a good idea. There were swarms of girls who either loved me or hated me, some happy that Sebastian had a girlfriend and was happy, some angry that I had 'stolen him' from them. 

We didn't give the press a statement or released that we weren't actually dating or not dating anymore, since the whole thing was a charade anyway. And besides, I had been kidnapped and basically tortured, if he had gone out and said that he had 'broken up' with me immediately after that whole ordeal, the press would have crucified him. 

I heard a knock at my bedroom door and stiffened immediately.  How hard was it going to be for a girl to pass twelfth grade math?!

"Come in!"

My mother strode through the door looking a bit worse for wear and I was scared of what was going to come out of her mouth. 

"Hey hon, how you holding up?" she asked me and I automatically wanted to roll my eyes. If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me that, or how I was doing, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. 

"I'm fine mom, for the millionth time, you don't have to keep treating me like I'm made of glass or something. What is it?"

"Well, there's been swarms of paparazzi in front of the house recently and Sebastian's manager thought that it might relieve some pressure on you to get them to go away..." 

"Okay, so why are you looking at me like my dog died?" I asked her, wary of the apprehensive look on her face. 

"Well, sweetie, he thinks that you should schedule an interview through video chat with one of the better known magazines or news outlets and let everyone know that you and Sebastian broke up, and that you were the one who broke up with him," she told me and I was wrong. It was worse than if my dog died. 

"A-and Sebastian is okay with this?" I asked her, hating the fact that my voice breaking gave away how fragile my feelings were at that moment in time. 

"Just give yourself some time to think about it, it's completely up to you but his manager seems to think it's the best way to go concerning all of this drama surrounding you at the moment and-"

"Drama?!  Drama.  Really?  You're going to classify all of the shit things that have happened to me in the past months under the label of 'Drama'?!  If that isn't an understatement and pushing under the rug of what I've been through then I don't know what is!" I screeched at her, pawing at my chest just hoping that the black hole would come back. 

But it didn't.  It never came back and all I feel is this staggering emptiness that surrounds my heart and my soul, a numbness that consumes my every waking thought and feeling.  At least when I'm around Sebastian some of the pain comes back. 

Its like the saying that I would rather feel the pain of all of the things that I went through than absolutely nothing at all.

"I didn't mean it like that, you're twisting my words!  I was talking about the media and the press bringing unwanted drama to not only you but to your father and I as well!"