Chapter Twenty-Two

Recap

The old god drew himself up and took the pose of a master story teller about to embark on the grandest of all tales. His eyes shone with glee and a mysterious smile slowly bloomed on his face. "It all started a decade and a half ago when you took in the one person in existence as dear to me as, well me. Although maybe slightly less, coz really who can value someone as much as themselves, well maybe a mate but I've never been blessed with one. Anyway...."

Lexion

The events unfolding before him were so out of any normal experience that be found himself unable to decide on anything

The events unfolding before him were so out of any normal experience that be found himself unable to decide on anything. His heart thundered through his chest, sweat broke out in his attempt to hold himself back as his senses flared in retaliation to the aura of sexuality concentrated around and on the god. It was like his presence forced Lex's awareness of Nia as his ultimate sexual partner. The one person who would fulfil all he had ever thought to want and even more.

While what he had said to Nia about guys being able to control their hormones was true, it didn't mean it was easy. Male wolves were highly sexual, moreso during their adolescent years - that is from sixteen to around twenty-four - and needed a lot of self discipline to control themselves. Those who had trouble were put under the care of an older were to help them learn control. Whilst he had always had complete control over his urges, this situation was close to breaking him.

Lex was so aware of her he wanted to scream his protest of the battle between his raging need of her and the desire to protect her from it. She wasn't ready. Clinging to him like he was her shield from the intensity of the god. Or maybe she thought they could better weather him together.

The interest the god was showing Nia also raised his aggression, building his need to fight, given the unfinished one with his sister, he was a powder keg. And while he knew she had saved his life by doing so, he was pissed she had pulled him back from attacking. So while the god taunted and toyed with them, Lex struggled to act rational.

"....I've had this one loyal were blood that I decided to devote myself to." The god continued. "And you Darius bargain for that blood while everyone else called you a fool for it. Very admirable, especially since your kind has rarely been that. I mean really, aiding in the slaughter of Selene's beloved children? What were your ancestors thinking?"

The god turned to Lex's mother, "Speaking of which, that's why she absolutely despises you." Lex watched as the blood drained from his mother's face at the reminder. "You were just a little girl, but your envy of your friend's magic had you telling your grandfather about it when you had pinky promised not to."

The Luna staggered as if stabbed and Lex caught her before she fell, her body trembled as she shook her head in horrified denial. Guilt hollowing her eyes out as unbearable pain confirmed what the god said.