Stone Fortress

Part Sixteen

_________

• Early Update •
- Vio
_________

Jimin stirred, bolting up as he realized the sheets he was cuddled in weren't his own. He began to pant, looking around frantically until his eyes landed on Jungkook who was sitting at his desk, asleep. Jimin glanced at him, before drawing his knees to his chest. He began to trace Jungkook's features with his mind, and suddenly was able to uncoil his body, wrapping himself up in the sheets once more.

Jungkook's eyes fluttering open - meeting Jimin's own open ones. He practically jumped out the chair as he leaped to Jimin's side, moving Jimin's sticky bangs out from his lashes. Jimin forced a little smile, and Jungkook sunk down, putting his head to rest onto Jimin's chest out of relief.

"You're okay," Jungkook breathed, chuckling through worried tears. He shook his head, looking up to find Jimin staring at him - confused. "Kitten, I was so worried..."

Jimin breathed in deeply, wincing slightly as he sat up. He hid a small smile at the nickname Jungkook had used, the words falling naturally off of his tongue. It made his insides spin slightly in a way which - surprisingly - wasn't frightening. His cheeks began to bloom with a pink blush, before catching the genuine analytical stare of Jungkook. His chocolate brown eyes were open wide, his jaw clenched - afraid to take a breath. The blond boy tilted his head only the slightest bit to catch a glimpse of the overly tight fist Jungkook held at his side to keep his worry from overflowing.

Jimin managed to give a small smile, reaching out a hand from under the warm fabrics of the sheet to take Jungkook's own into his palms, sandwiching them between his. He waited till Jungkook met his eyes, before the small boy shakingly pressed their hands into his chest, kissing the tops of their fingers softly as he let out another breath. This time it was slower, more assertive. He waited a beat, before very softly reassuring, "I'm okay."

>>><<<>>><<<