Chapter 49 - Revelations

Alix's P.O.V.

Silence and shock.

That's how not only my dad but also Harley reacted to my sudden action.

- "Now you're speechless? You've always had so much to say about us being together and now you won't say a word?" I defiantly asked my father who still looked at us.

- "Are you trying to get me skinned alive? Calm down Alix." Harley whispered looking at my dad first and then me. She was afraid of whatever my dad's reaction would be. I mean he did punch her yesterday, so it's understandable.

I didn't bother respond as I moved out of our previous position towards my dad. I could see his fists clenching and his jaw tense and shook my head in disappointment.

- "Are you going to hit me as well? You know what? I wish mom was still here. At least I would still have one decent parent." I spit the words out.

His behaviour changed immediately. We didn't talk about her. Actually, I don't think we ever did. I was still very young when she disappeared from our lifes and he never had the guts to tell me anything about her. I always thought it was because he couldn't handle the thought of it and I didn't push it. But in the last days all the words that I directed at him had been filled with hate and intention to hurt him.

His head hung down and his posture fell.

- "Don't talk about her. You have no idea of what you're saying Alix." He responded in a small voice.

Instead of feeling pity I only felt anger this time. I wanted to talk about her. I think I deserved that.

- "You know what? Maybe I don't. Maybe I have no clue of what I'm saying and it's all because of you. It's been 14 years and we never talked about her. I have no pictures of her, just a couple of memories and everytime, since I was a little girl, you've refused to talk about her. Maybe I have no idea, but you know what? I know she wouldn't have done half of the shit you did." I said tears streaming down my eyes.

He looked at me and for a second, a brief second, I thought he would speak up, but as soon as he looked me in the eye, his head hung down once more.

I need to get out of here.

I wiped my tears away and controlled myself enough to speak without seeming like I was a mess right now.

- "Let's go Harley, we are going to be late." I said and turned around to look at her.

Harley was a midst of stunned and worried as I walked back to the bike next to her. My dad didn't move an inch and Harley spared him a look before returning her eyes to me.

- "Are you sure you still want to go? I mean, maybe it would be better if we sta-" She tried to reason with me but I cut her short.

- "We're going!" I said looking her in the eye and she understood that there was no way I would stay here. So without another word she gave me my helmet and put hers on.

We got on her bike and left. My dad hadn't moved and he stood in the same position until we couldn't see him anymore.

_______________________________________

Julie's P.O.V.

I heard the whole thing and for a moment, even though I was still mad with everything that happened, I felt bad for George. Above everything I know how much he loves Alix, he might have lied to her throughout her whole life and even though I never agreed with his decision since he told me the truth, he had the right to decide what was better for Alix.