Chapter 35

A little mature in this chapter.

===

Too Much

The next morning, I woke up the next morning feeling too occupied for a some reason that I don't know. I fell asleep last night in Caius' arms, didn't know more what happened next to that. When I wake up, Caius is not beside me. His masculine scent still lingers on his side of the end but no sign of his presense here.

Oh, I forgot to change my clothes too. 

Gathering myself up to change my clothes into something comfy.

Maybe he's in the kitchen or something?

I stepped out and head towards the kitchen where Caius is. He is sitting in the table, all dressed up for work while holding his phone in one hand while the other was gripping his cup of morning coffee. 

"Good morning, Mrs. Bateman. Breakfast is served." Claire noticed me as she greeted with me with a smile.

Caius turns to me knowing my presence. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Claire." I kindly smiled at her softly before joining Caius at the table. At the same time, Gwen poured my cup some coffee too.  "Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes." He answered, placing his phone down on the table. "You seems to be very tired last night. Did you had a lot of work?"

"You have no idea.” I murmured, getting a whole stack of waffles to my plate and just dig in. I am still feeling uneasy because of last night after what Gale said. Now that I slept through it, my mind is telling me that maybe he is right. Or maybe he is just messing with me... I don’t know.  Everything is blurry to me that I can’t think about it properly. 

Minutes passed and the room is filled with cold air. No one is speaking and I’m too tensed to begin with.  This uneasy feeling is bothering me real hard like I am fighting with myself.  I wanted to trust Caius but if you look back to it, he hates it when I asked him about how he knew Laureen because there is really nasty going on with their glares.

But the point is, we are married. If that ultrasound was before we got married then there is nothing wrong but...if he got her pregnant during our marriage, then that already means war. My eyebrows furrowed at some realizations. I can sue them in that order but there are no evidence. Caius won’t tell me about this that’s for sure. 

But does he even know that she is pregant? My eyes widen when I suddenly recalled the day I saw that Caius has a hickey near his neck? Everything was still complicated between us that time but still, is he capable of cheating on me?  How about those emergency calls before even at night, the day we just arrived from Hawaii,  he received a phone call thst caused him to leave me.

Jeez,  why are all of these are just coming into me?

I’m so confused.

What if —

“Shanaya...”

My whole body tensed up at the sound of his voice. His blue eyes are staring directly to mine, questioningly. 

“I-is something wrong?” I blurted out, feeling my speedy heartbeat. It is funny, sweats are starting to form on my forehead. 

“You’re awfully quiet today. Are you worried about something?” he asked, trying to maintain the eye contact. 

I tenses up again.  Worried about something? The irony that he asked me about that. “I...I am just tired, I guess.”

He doesn’t look convinced with my answer. “Maybe you should take the day off.”