4 // captivate.

michael was tired. he felt his eyes practically shutting as he slid into his regular seat on the bus, no one bothering to sit next to him.

today was his long anticipated birthday. he had turned 18, and his friends wanted to throw a massive party in honour of him. a good friend of his, a girl, was planning the entire thing, ordering booze and decorating his house.

even though his friend claimed it was a surprise, and couldn't tell him, michael already knew. she was much too predictable.

as the bus pulled up next to the station, nico climbed up the steps and walked over to the seat next to michael. she shrugged at the seat in a questioning way, and michael gestured for her to sit down. sighing, she dropped her bag and sank into the seat.

"i'm having a party tonight," michael found himself saying. nico nodded slowly. "that's cool."

"i just wanted to ask you if you'd be able to come. it's my birthday..." he smiled at her persuasively.

nico glanced over at him, taken aback. "i...uh...happy birthday?" michael's shoulders sank and the smile dropped from his face. he glanced down to his jeans awkwardly, nodding. "thanks."

nico pulled her bag onto her lap, taking out her mascara and mirror. michael immediately turned away, so that he faced the window. when she was finished, she tapped him on the back lightly.

he turned around. "...yeah?" he blinked at her. she had amazing eyes. they were like a kaleidoscope of browns and greens, chestnut flicked here and there, and even some blue.

they were truly captivating.

"i...i'll come. but you have to take me there. i...don't know the way." she spoke, and michael felt his heart pounding.

"s-sure," he stammered, and nico smiled at him, pulling her bag up to her shoulder and standing up as the bus stopped by the station.

"meet me by parahmore road at 6," she said. michael nodded, and watched her go. she seemed more of herself, now that he was talking to her.

he couldn't wait to see her.