Chapter 14.

It was all a blur for a couple of minutes. I was in a daze.

I could hear Jamie's heart shatter as the only parent she had left could be taken away from her. She was sitting on her knee's sobbing uncontrollably, her breaths more of a wheeze as she couldn't get air into her lungs.

"Dove!" she cried, "Please Dove, this can't be happening to me" 

Finally snapping out of whatever trance I had been in I stood up quick, the world going to fast for me to keep up, and I ran over to Jamie grabbing her arms and pulling her to a stand. I rushed down the stairs as I screamed for Elliot. He came rushing around the corner peer terror in his eyes when he looked at Jamie's traumatized state.

"What happened?" He yelled, running over to grab onto Jamie's shoulders.

"Her-her mom-"

"My mom was in a car accident!" Jamie screamed, her sobs becoming louder.

Elliot tried to calm her down, reassuring her that her mom would be alright. My hands were shaking as I imagined someone who I had grown to love, sitting in a hospital bed bruised and broken.

"Dove?Dove!" Elliot shouted at me. I turned my attention to him.

"We need to go to the hospital now, Okay?" he asked, hand still on a more calm Jamie's shoulder.

I nodded following him outside and into the car, he got Jamie seated into the back making sure she had her seatbelt on in such a state of shock. Before I could get him he called out to me,

"Dove?" 

I looked at him with teary eyes. 

"You okay?" 

All I could do was nod before climbing in beside Jamie. 

___________

It took us about 15 minutes to get to the hospital, the whole ride silent. Not a word was spoken between us and all you could hear was the sniffles coming from Jamie. We all got out rushing into the hospital. 

Jamie ran ahead of us, sprinting into the front room yelling at the nurses where her mother was. By time me and Elliot had finally caught up we were able to hear the last of what the nurse had been saying.

"-your mother is critical condition and was just taken in for surgery" 

"Is she going to be alright?" Jamie asked, hope taking over her voice.

"As of now we aren't sure but we will keep you updated" the nurse replied before walking away. 

Jamie turned to me as a tear fell from her eyes, rolling down her tanned cheek. I pulled her into a hug, her shoulders shaking as she started to cry again.

"hey hey, don't cry J, your mom is one hell of a strong women and if anyone will make it through that surgery it will be her" I told her softly yet firmly, making sure she understood my words. 

Jamie held onto me a second longer before letting go and wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She nodded her head in return and tried to smile the best she could. 

We both sat down on the hard hospital waiting room chairs, already knowing my back would ache by time this night was over, but it was worth it. 

Miranda was one of the nicest women you could ever meet in your life, she was one of those people who you were lucky to even know. A once in a lifetime person. She put everyone's happiness before her own and was a damn good mother to Jamie when her father left. Miranda had that glow in her eyes when she looked at the world. She saw the world in a way I wish I could experience for at least 5 minutes. She took me in when I needed a mother figure and always made me feel welcomed in her home. Miranda made me feel like I was one of her own. God would be stupid to take such a women away from us all. 

I reached across my chair and gripped Jamie's hand in my own, needing to support her in some sort of way. All this reminded me of my Mother and it made my stomach churn. It was worse for Jamie though because this was the only person she had left. 

Elliot stood in front of us arms crossed and he inspected our defeated figures, he opened his mouth to say something before his phone ringer interrupted him. 

"Ill be right back" he whispered before walking away. 

I turned to Jamie once he was gone, "How are you?"

"Not so good" she said honestly, not some sarcastic comment I was expecting. 

"Everything is going to be okay and your mom is going to be coming out of surgery good as new soon" I told her softly. 

"Yeah I-I just think I need to air for a moment" she said standing up.

"Do you want me to come?" I asked, going to stand up too.

"No" she said sticking a hand out to stop me, "I just need to be alone for a couple of minutes if you understand" she continued more quietly.

I nodded because I did understand, when I first found out about my moms illness I refused to talk to anyone for a couple of hours. 

Jamie crossed her arms across herself, hugging her body as she left out the front doors. I leaned back into my chair covering my face with my arm, embracing the darkness for a couple of seconds. I was worried for my best friend and I had no clue what I could do to help her. 

It had't even been 5 minutes before I felt a poke on my side, I removed my arm quickly thinking it was the nurse giving me and update about Miranda's condition. I was surprised to find Jamie looking at me more stressed then when she did walking out.

"Whats wrong?" I asked standing up next to her.

She chewed on her finger nail contemplating something for a moment.

"Um well I overheard Elliot on the phone outside and Im not sure who he was talking to but-" she stopped her self chewing on her nail again.

"But what?" I questioned, confused.

"He said something about taking care of 'that little thing' all summer and how its the most awful thing that could happen to him, and um, how he doesn't know how much longer he can keep his cool" 

My jaw had dropped as she was talking, every bone in my body tense as I repeated her words in my head. I was livid. My hands clenched in shaking fist and I didn't know if I should run outside and yell at him or smack him senseless. 

When I looked back at Jamie she was sitting in the chair head in her hands. I took a calming breath to try and keep my anger under control. I was hurt and ready to start crying and plus with all these other added emotions my brain felt out of control. But I needed to be here for Jamie right now and I would have to deal with him later. 

I took a seat next to her and grabbed her hand once again. Still the only questioned remained in my head.

Why would Elliot do this to me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers I hope you enjoyed this new chapter! 

I didn't really have much of a plan for this book but Ive sat down and planned a lot out and so hopefully we can get this book back on track and make it more enjoyable for you guys to read.

How do you all feel about this chapter? Shocked?

Please comment and like I always enjoy your feedback!

Love you all!!