81

happy update!

i hope you all are doing great!

tell me something funny or good that happened to you this week! something good that happened to me was that I got a job!

anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

The living room was dark and warm as the movie played in front of me.

It had been a long day, and Harry was still in his office, so I went to watch a movie to relax.

When my movie ended I went to put on the Princess Diaries when Mila came in in her pajamas, a big bowl of popcorn in her arms.

"Sissy, can I watch movie too?" She came up to me.

"Of course." I smiled and helped her up on the sofa I was laying on. She nestled herself next to me under the blanket and I set the bowl on my lap so she could still reach the popcorn.

About thirty minutes into the movie there was a quiet knock at the open door and I looked to see Harry there.

"May I join?" He asked me.

"Sure."

He walked in, taking off his suit jacket and laying it over the back of a chair before coming over to us.

He lifted up my upper half so he could sit, and then I laid back down with my head in his lap.

"How was work?" I looked up at him.

"It was a long day." He sighed. "You?"

"Same."

He nodded before reaching for the popcorn, taking a few pieces in his hand.

He then used his other hand to tweak Mila's nose.

She giggled before taking some popcorn for herself.

Harry sighed as he rubbed his hand up and down my arm, kissing the top of my head.

"I needed this." He breathed.

"What?" I whispered as I looked up at him.

"You...and Mila. You make me feel better."

I smiled before kissing his cheek.

Once done with the popcorn I set the bowl on the floor so Mila could lay on top of me the way she wanted, Harry laying down with me so he could wrap his arms around us.

Mila fell asleep a few minutes later, cuddling up to Harry and I.

"I could lay here forever." Harry said as he closed his eyes and I smiled.

"Yeah?" I said and he nodded. "I'm sorry you had a bad day."

"It wasn't bad, it was just exhausting. Planning this LA trip is more than I expected. We have to run background checks on everyone there, including caterers and photographers. Buildings have to be secured ahead of time, roads have to be scoped out, we have to locate hospitals and doctors in cases of emergency, and people don't want to cooperate or respond in a timely manner so it's just aggravating."

"I know. I'm sorry." I rubbed his chest with my hand.

As we laid there I did my best to comfort him and make him feel loved. He was working a lot,
and it was really starting to take a toll on him.

I closed my eyes as I  nestled my head on his chest, Harry's breathing soothing me.

Movement made me open my eyes and I looked to see my mom picking up Mila while Harry was lifting me up.