[1] MIDORIYA

warning; confusing af

MIDORIYA, AUTHENTIC

reality is flexible, in a way it differs to each and every person within existence

reality is flexible, in a way it differs to each and every person within existence. after all, reality is not just. it is simply a matter of perspective or a collective perspective. the belief of the ninety-nine percent influences the belief of the remaining single percent, hence reality becomes something flexible.

far to flexible if you ask midoriya.

midoriya meets [name] in a moment of loneliness.

they come in a blurred form; midoriya blinks twice to actually capture the form of the myserious entity called [name] and he finally sees a girl.

she is tall, blonde, and blue-eyed. she smiles and there are a thousand suns lingering the teeth she bares. midoriya thinks she is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.

he is four-going-five that time and his quirk is nowhere to be seen. he assumes it is playing hide-and-seek but the doctors say otherwise. he has no quirk, no nothing and has lost everything.

[name] is a mysterious entity. "why are you crying?" she asks and midoriya babbles about his life at the age of four.

he wishes to die. maybe then, he will be reincarnated as someone like all might with the biggest and baddest quirk to ever exist. that will be amazing. he tells [name] that and she chuckles.

"you are crying because you lack a quirk?" she asks and smiles. "if being a hero requires quirks, then the time before quirks never had heroes."

midoriya splutters. "what? no!"

"then why does lacking a quirk stop you from becoming a hero?"

he talks about pro-heroes and yuuei which only accepts students who have quirks. midoriya saddens.

[name]'s smile remains.

(midoriya thinks she is beautiful.)

"how about i teach you something?"

midoriya comes in yuuei, not as someone with all might's quirk backing him up

midoriya comes in yuuei, not as someone with all might's quirk backing him up. he has eyes beyond knowledge and hands too quick to follow. middle school classmates of his call him a magician, kacchan calls his 'quirk' tricks, his mom calls it 'the most amazing thing to ever exist' (because mothers will always love their child no matter what happens) he looks at [name] and smiles.

[name] takes form of someone else entirely; they are no longer a she but a he. the form he takes is that of a child's with round eyes and even rounder face. "what a shame it is for you to not be able to have my quirk," [name] murmurs sadly, "you are skilled in the basics."

the boy flushes. "ththank you!"

midoriya sometimes thinks of [name] and different faces appear all of the sudden; the one with blonde hair and blue eyes, another with the plainest face he has ever seen to the most striking ones, another with glasses too ugly and eyes too vibrant midoriya does not have a proper form for [name] but he thinks it is alright. he has a name to match the millions of faces he has seen and the millions of teachings he has been given.

he wonders of [name] and where they go after their training sessions and how they know of the times before quirks better than his middle school textbooks, why they say that this world full of quirks only destroyed the world more than it can have.

midoriya wonders what is the truth of [name] and what is real beyond the lies they spin. he wonders and wonders until he slips it out in a time when [name] is an ageless and genderless being, all white hair and white eyes, white skin and white everything. if midoriya squints, he will notice that [name] takes form of nothing but the absence of darkness. [name] takes form of light more real than it has ever been. midoriya never squints and instead, sees [name] as a colorless woman-man-woman-man person.

"reality is a matter of collective perspective," [name] says with almost-closing eyes because of the smile they make; midoriya's heart flutters, "what is real? what are dreams? who is to say that it is not this that is a dream? who is to say that it is not the dreams that are reality?"

the clouds shift, orange sinking to a deep black. [name]'s form remains and they stand out in a pitch black moreso than they have ever been.

"only an individual can identify what their reality is, izuku."

midoriya thinks of how beautiful [name] stands in a field of midnight stars amongst rainbow roses. he thinks and thinks until he is doing nothing but thinking.

he watches [name] smile. "what is your reality, izuku?"

he thinks and thinks; of all might, of kacchan and todoroki shouto, of eraserhead and of his classmates, of [name] who is an anomaly of the universe and of him.

and so he answers.

"me."

that is the last time he sees [name].