She's a Tattletale

Ron and Harry probably should have been practising their Protean Charms with Hermione, Ginny and Luna during their first-period charms class. Instead, they sitting at the back of the class playing Gobstones under the desk.

"And I win, yet again!" Ron cheered. Harry folded his arms grumpily. "You need to step it up, mate."

"You're definitely cheating," Harry complained.

"Oh, don't be a sore loser." Ron laughed. "I expect 5 sickles on my bedside table this evening."

"Fine." Harry rolled his eyes. "Hey, I need to ask you for help."

"Does someone need me to give them a right jinxing?" With a flick of his wand, the Gobstones returned to their box.

"Nothing like that," Harry assured him. "I need, romantic advice."

"Then why are you coming to me?" Ron chuckled. "I don't know what I'm doing? Wait, have you got your eyes on someone?"

"I guess," he shrugged. "But, how did you know that you really had feelings for Hermione?"

"Why are you asking me? What about Ginny? How did you know you had feelings for her?" Ron frowned.

"I guess I just knew," Harry glanced over to his ex-girlfriend.

"Then do you feel the same way for this new bachelorette?" Ron wiggled his eyebrows, making Harry snort. He didn't reply for a while, however, thinking about this idea.

In the past week, since they had returned, Draco and Harry had shared many encounters that he couldn't describe in any other fashion than flirtatious.

He continuously saw Draco out of the corner of his eye, looking in his direction during meals or perhaps across the common room. But now when Harry caught him, Draco no longer glanced away hurriedly. Instead, he preferred to place a mysterious smirk on his face and initiate a battle of the wills, refusing to be the first to look away.

It was the small brushes of their hands during their potions tutorials, the antagonising whispers during their potions class, the purposeful nudges and glances in the dorm room. These were the things that made that strange feeling in Harry's stomach appear and distract his entire self from what he is supposed to be doing.

"Yes," Harry said finally.

"So who is it? You better not be stepping down from my sister."

Harry shuffled closer to Ron, looking around the room and lowered his voice. "Don't say anything, don't react."

Harry grabbed a piece of parchment from the desk in from and scribble Draco in black in with his quill.

He slid it towards Ron who, as per Harry's instruction, did not react. In fact, for several seconds Harry was worried that he had broken his best friend and he could hardly detect an even an intake of breath from Ron.

"What?" It was so quiet that Harry almost missed it. Ron's shaky response stumped Harry, he slumped in his chair feeling a little stupid. "What?"

"Please don't freak out," Harry grimaced.

"Freak out?" Ron's voice cracked a little. "This is a loaded announcement, Harry!"

"Can we not make this a big deal," Harry looked around hurriedly, thankfully Ron's raise in voice didn't attract any attention.

"How come you never told me you were gay?" Ron whispered, quite offended.

"I'm not!" Harry hissed.

"Then what is this?" Ron waved the piece of parchment in his face.

"I'm not gay," Harry said. "I know I liked Cho and Ginny. This is a one-off thing."