Don't Cry over Spilt Potion

"And Malfoy catches the Golden Snitch! One Hundred and Fifty points to Slytherin!" Parker shouts into the megaphone. The crowd erupts into a cheer as Slytherin win the game against Ravenclaw.

Someone had placed an ill-timed curse on the Slytherin team's usual Seeker Chloe Park. So while she was in the Hospital Wing, Draco Malfoy had stepped in to replace her.

Although Harry was sporting a Ravenclaw scarf that chilly morning he couldn't help but cheer on his, well, he wasn't quite sure what they were.

Harry didn't want to admit it but he had been avoiding Draco for the past two weeks. He wasn't exactly sure why. Any excuse to avoid alone time with the Slytherin, Harry took with enthusiasm. Ever since the incident, as he called it, he tried not to think about it. It was like a dream, Harry wasn't sure it had even happened.

He hadn't told anyone either, not even Ron. How could he even bring that up with him? After he had returned from the empty classroom to the Great Hall, he had received many questions as to where he went from not only his circle of friends but also many nosy passerbys. He simply said that the two talked, no details.

"Hurry up Harry," Ron called. "Hermione's already annoyed that we came here instead of studying, for you by the way."

"I cannot believe we have to convince her to come to our games," Harry laughed. "And you wanted to come anyway, it's Quidditch! It doesn't matter who's playing."

"Fair shout," Ron rolled his eyes. "Come on, Terry's going to notice that we've stolen his stuff," he said, referring to the blue and bronze tie he had tied around his head.

+ + +

Double potions on Monday morning got off to an awkward start. Harry replied to all of Malfoy's inquiries with single worded answers. He could tell that Draco was becoming increasingly more frustrated with him like he had every potions lesson since, the incident.

Harry started stirring their shared cauldron, leaving Draco to lean against the desk, staring at his knuckles.

"Potter, I cannot do this anymore," Draco hissed just so he could hear.

"Huh?" Harry replied dumbly.

"For Merlin's sake!" Draco slammed his hands down on the bench. Harry glanced up from the potion to look around the room. The few heads that did turn in their direction quickly returned to their own potions. "Can you please talk to me?"

"Sorry," Harry said quietly, pulling the spoon from the potion.

"No, keep stirring it!" Draco slapped the back of Harry's wrist. "Just, why are you ignoring me?"

"I don't know," Harry mumbled.

"You don't know?" Draco scoffed, clearly unimpressed.

"I don't know what you want from me?" Harry turned to Draco, his complexion exhausted.

"Keep stirring!" Draco scolded. "I want something. A reasonable excuse as to why you have been avoiding me since we ki-"

"Draco!" Harry hissed.

"Oh, so that's what you've been sulking about. Good to know," said Draco sarcastically.

"Look, I'm sorry," Harry pleaded.

Draco huffed before glancing at Harry's watch. He must have decided enough time had passed as he grabbed the beeswax from the desk as well as a sharp knife and began dicing it roughly. "So what is the problem then? Make sure you aren't stirring the potion when I put this in, there might be splash back. I doubt you want to experience whatever the disastrous effects that Slughorn warned against."