Honorary Gryffindor

Harry zipped in and out of the other players in pursuit of the Golden Snitch just a few meters in front of him. The Hufflepuff Seeker, Summerby, was right on his tail.

"And another ten points to Hufflepuff from Smith!" Parker Williams shouted through the megaphone. Harry was beginning to become anxious. Hufflepuff was in the lead by fifty points and the Gryffindors were losing morale fast.

A bludger hit the end of his broom and sent him flying off course. He quickly regained his bearings but realised the snitch was no longer in sight. Thankfully however, Summerby has been so close to him that Harry's broom knocked his off course as well.

Harry dodged his way out of the thick of the game and into an open area of air above the Gryffindor goals where just below Ron was cursing at the Hufflepuffs animatedly.

Harry scanned around, looking for the tiny winged ball while also keeping an eye on Summerby, who was circling the pitch intently.

In his visual search, his eyes landed in the stands where he picked out Hermione, Draco and Neville all cheering for him.

Draco waved. He was wearing a Gryffindor scarf and smiling up at him proudly. The sentiment almost distracted him from catching the Hufflepuff seeker darting toward the ground. Almost.

Harry raced after him, weaving in and out of the chasers wearing red and yellow robes. He caught up easily enough, Summerby's Nimbus 2000 was fast, but not fast enough.

The hint of nostalgia Harry got when a glimpse of the broom at the beginning of the game caught him off guard momentarily but he knew that he could let that distract him.

He continued to dodge and swerve as he followed the Golden Snitch on its manic path through the air, swooping around, over and under, up and down.

The Snitch was the only thing he could see, Summerby, the game, the crowd and ground beneath him faded to a blur. Nothing else mattered.

Harry stretched out of his arm, knocking himself against the opposing seeker. He struggled to keep his balance on his broom at such speeds with only one bony hand clasped around the handle. He watched in horror as Summerby's fingers reached further than his own, almost ready to make a grab for the game-ending ball.

Harry used every ounce of his energy to push himself forward and beyond Summerby's grasp. He was quite a bit taller than the Hufflepuff fourth year but in no way did that impede the seeker in his attempt to win. But in the end, it was Harry who wrapped a single finger around the delicate silver wing of the snitch, causing it to fall still as it hung between two of Harry's fingers.

He held it up triumphantly and beamed as the entire stadium erupted into applause.

His team flew down to meet him and they cheered together as they were one match closer to winning the Quidditch cup.

+ + +

It was commonly agreed upon that no one could throw a party like a Gryffindor. The Gryffindor common room was dressed in scarlet and gold decorations and food from the kitchens was continuously brought up by some crafty third years.

The Gryffindor Quidditch team all stood together in the centre of the room upon two sofa tables that had been pushed together.

"To the best Quidditch team in the school!" Ron cheered, raising his mug of Butterbeer toward the sky. Harry joined in with the rest of the Gryffindors in cheering with various items held high in the air. "And to Harry Potter, the best Captain in the school!"

Harry blushed as the whole room cheered for him.

The team got down from the tables and joined the crowd of rowdy students. Someone begins to play music out of an enchanted speaker and everyone began to enjoy the ruckus of a traditional Gryffindor style victory party.