Chapter Nineteen: Blessed

(Ember's pov)
I gripped tightly onto Liana's hand as we ran through the forest. I hadn't had time to slit the Kings throat as an alarm had gone off. I was now running for my life with liana as ravenous rogues chased us down.

"Where's this mate of yours?" Liana asked as we neared a stream. My mouth practically watered at the sight of water.

"He's coming, I know he is. We're going to get out of here- Liana! Look out!" I screamed as Liana was tackled to the ground by a burly rogue. I hid out of sight as horror unfolded before me. Other rogues stood around jeering.

"Thought you could get away? Pitiful creature!" The rogue sneered. Liana's wrists were pinned and she was thrashing relentlessly. The rogue pulled out a knife. "This woods will be you're grave!" The rogue yelled. The knife came down...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Damon's pov)
"Nikki! Bailey!" I yelled for my siblings, they came running along with my other family. "Ember... She linked me! I know where she is!" I exclaimed hotly.

I was going to find her! I would have her back with me! My wolf howled in joy as I shot to my feet. "She's being held captive with a girl called liana James. They're in an abandoned were house on clover road" Nikki looked at me sceptically.

"You do realise that the were house we're going to is on human territory? It's also surrounded by woodland" she stated solemnly. I nodded.

"We can go in your rover! We can get both Ember and Liana here safely!" I exclaim and push past them to the rover.

"I swear you'll be the death of me." Nikki mumbled as she and Bailey followed me. "I'm driving!" She yelled as we reached her car and clambered in.

Time to go find my mate...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Ember's pov)
I screamed and lunged, tackling the rogue who had just attempted to kill an innocent person. He hit the ground hard and liana scrambled to her feet. Her wolf pushed forward and her nails elongated to claws.

"I've got these guys, you just take care of that one" I nodded. My wolf stalked forward and I picked up the knife the rogue had dropped. I stalked forward.

"You made the wrong wolf angry!" I spat. I tackled him and in one swift motion had his throat slashed open. "Liana! You good?" I called out.

"Yeah!" She hollered back and I followed her scent of cherries and vanilla to find her just past the tree line. "C'mon! If we run we should make it!" I couldn't shift to protect myself so liana shifted and I climbed onto her back.

She ran fast through the woods and we were halfway home when a flash of light stopped us in our tracks. I stared in shock as the moon goddess herself stood in all her glory in front of us with a light smile on her face.

Her hair was golden and flowing and she was wearing a long white dress and a moon crown. She stood barefoot in front of us. I instantly clambered off Liana's back and bowed before her.

"Oh, Ember there's no need for formality. I just came here to talk" she stated softly and pulled me gently to my feet.

"If I may, you're highness why are you here?" I asked. Her smile only grew. I looked at liana in confusion.

"I am here because I've come to give your child a blessing. Yes, I know you are bearing a child and due to your selfless actions and courage I've deemed you fit to bear a child with a blessing of mine." She told me.

I stood in awe as her delicate hands moved in such a fluid way that no dancer could match. Golden dust surrounded me and I suddenly felt lighter. "You will discover the blessing when your child is old enough to understand. Good luck Ember".

With that in a swirl of golden light she vanished. I truly was blessed. I clambered on Liana's back once more as we headed off into the woods again still wondering how Damon would react to the news.

Damon... I missed my mate as did my wolf. "We're almost there!" I yelled triumphantly. Suddenly I heard the sound of an engine nearby and froze. I was assaulted by the scents of many wolves but one stood out. One that I would never be able to forget.

Damon's intoxicating scent wrapped around me and I watched as Nikki's Land Rover pulled up and stopped a little way away from us. Damon stepped out and even from this distance I could tell he saw me, he'd always know where I was.

He was followed by Nikki and Bailey and my family along with his and some warriors, liana ran to them and I scrambled off her back as we met them.

"Ember!" He yelled my name and I was suddenly wrapped into a hug and passionate kiss. Our lips melted together with need and passion as we just held each other. I pulled away and he released me.

"Told you I'd make it out alive" I joked lightly. He chuckled. "This is Liana, the girl who saved me." I stated. A warrior walked over to her and slipped his jacket around her. We stood there in the woods puzzled as a silent exchange was made between the two.

"Li?" The warrior who's name I learnt was Kevin called out to her. She shifted and tugged the jacket around her. She smiled weakly as tears poured from her face. "I thought you died!" Kevin exclaimed and kissed her hotly.

"Wait. I thought he was dead?" I asked liana as she pulled away from Kevin. She nodded.

"That's what they told me. That he was dead. I was fifteen at the time so I believed it. I was mute after then but he's alive" she stated.

"Damon, we're going to go the were house and see what we can find, stay with Ember" Bailey commanded and bolted in the direction we had come from. Nikki followed him with a few warriors.

"So, what do you need to tell me?" He asked kissing me lightly.

"I'm pregnant, with our child! Our child was blessed by the goddess!" I told him. He frowned.

"How do I know that the pup is mine? You've berg gone for days" he states. Tears fill my eyes. How could he think that?! My wolf howled in pain.

"You can sense if it's yours right? So do you smell rogue?" I asked he shook his head. "Exactly, it's our child Damon. Ours" I stated. Suddenly dizziness swamped me and I felt myself falling.

Arms wrapped around me. "I got you Ember and I'm never letting go..." He whispered as I faded into darkness...

A/N: Hey guys! So that was chapter nineteen! How was it? Did you like the secret? How about the blessing? Lemme know!

Also, I have news, the chapter after this is going to be the last chapter. :( BUT I'm making a SEQUEL! It's going to be called 'Alpha Knight' and I hope y'all will like it as much as you liked this book!

One more thing! I decided on a girl name for the sequel main character and I have picked Blake.

Do you like it? lemme know! Xoxo