Chapter 24

Narrator's POV

Lauren stirred awake when she felt light fingertips dancing across her chest and a heavy weight on her shoulder. She peeled one eye open, looking down to find Camila entertained with drawing invisible shapes on her exposed skin.

Lauren closed her eye again and did her best to hide the shudder that went through her when Camila circled her nipple with her index finger. Even with her eyes closed she could feel Camila's eyes looking up at her.

"I know you're awake," Camila's smile widened when Lauren tried not to smirk but failed and opened her eyes, Camila's breath itching at the intensity of the green eyes staring at her.

"Don't stop," Lauren mumbled and shut her eyes again as Camila resumed her ministrations.

"I would love to stay here all day but it's Sunday and we have to go in a few hours...Plus, I'm hungry considering it's almost 1 PM and I haven't eaten anything," Camila rambled distractedly and Lauren sighed before letting out a giggle. Camila quirked an eyebrow and stopped her movements as if to dare Lauren to say anything about her constant need for food and of course she didn't.

Camila pushed herself off the bed, or at least she tried to because she felt pale arms wrap around her midsection before falling on top Lauren. "Kiss first," the green eyed puckered her lips and Camila rolled her eyes but complied because Lauren just looked too cute not to get a kiss.

As they sat in the car after getting everything packed and ready to go back home, they were in their own little world and not even their friend's comments about them being too loud the night before was going to change that. As Camila sat in the seat behind the driver's, partly against Lauren for better comfort and with a pale arm wrapped around her waist, she looked back up with those warm pools of brown and Lauren was already looking lovingly back at her. Camila's breath hitched in the back of her throat and she wondered how much longer she could fight the words from slipping out. Because she couldn't be without Lauren anymore.

-

Monday and Tuesday passed and something was off. It was like the green eyed girl was a different person than she was the previous weekend. When Camila tried to hold her hand, she hesitantly pulled back, almost like she was sorry for doing it. She didn't turn down the kisses but she felt different. And it was really pissing Camila off. Everything had been perfect and now she felt she was being rejected and she didn't know why.

That's why, when she placed her hand on Lauren's jean covered thigh at lunch and the green eyed girl put it back, she kicked off.

"What is the deal with you?" Camila snapped and slammed her juice down on the tray. Her friends and Kenza were also at the table but she really didn't care in that moment. Lauren apparently did because her cheeks flushed when she realized everyone's eyes were on them. Camila was making a scene.

She cleared her throat before addressing Camila and only Camila. "We need to talk."

"Ok, let's talk then," Camila began to get up but Lauren wasn't moving.

"I mean later. It can wait."

"No it can't," Camila hurried and waited impatiently. "Let's go."

"Why not?"

"Because. I wanna hold your hand and for some reason you're not letting me and I wanna get this over with," that seemed to do it. Lauren nodded and exchanged a look with Kenza as if the curly haired girl was telling her to go talk to the brunette.

The green eyed led them to the back entrance of the school and they sat in the footsteps once they were outside. "This place reeks of weed," Camila scrunched up her nose and looked to the ground to see the stepped on butts of joints on the concrete.