Chapter 18

"What are you thinking?" Lena had to ask. Villanelle was quiet and it was new to her. Always she has something to say, but at that moment, she was awfully silent as they walk side by side at the busy street of the national city.

"I'm just wondering why you agreed to go out with me?"

Lena stared at the beautiful woman in front of her.

"I guess I'm curious."

"About what?"

"You..." she said shyly.

Villanelle giggled.

"I like your smile." Lena follows thru.

"I like your face," Villanelle answered back. Lena felt her face turned red. She felt the other girls hand lifting her chin.

"I don't know what it is, but it's like you have this magnet pulling me closer to you. You shouldn't be shy with me Lena. When I said those things, I meant it."

"Thank you.."

She caught her breath when
Villanelle's warm lips grace her cheek. The other girl pulled away slowly and made a silly smile before letting go.

"So tell me about Kara."

"What about her?" Lena was surprised by the sudden mention of the girl's name.

"Are you sure you weren't together? No past relationship whatsoever?"

"What? No... I told you, we're just friends."

"Huh... If you say so. But If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now."

"She's just looking out for me."

"Well, you are very lucky to have a friend like her. And if it's alright with you, I want you to meet a dear friend of mine."

Villanelle led her inside the building. She then notices some well-dressed people and socialites in the place.

It was an exhibition gallery. There were beautiful pictures of naked women displayed on every corner of the room. She couldn't help but gasp.

"Too much?" Villanelle asked, a worried look on her face.

"No... No. It's beautiful, it's amazing.."

"It's art." Villanelle smiled as her eyes roam around.

A round of applause caught Lena's attention. A very beautiful woman wearing a white gown was standing at the center of the hall. Suddenly a wicked smile flashes on her lips when she turns to her and Villanelle's direction. She walks sophisticatedly towards them.

Getting close, Villanelle suddenly enveloped the other girl in her arms.

"Sweetheart! I thought you'll never come." the other woman replied, even her voice made a beautiful sound that will make another being envious including Lena.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Villanelle grin.

"Hello!" the woman greeted her, a smile reaching her eyes.

"Taina, this is Lena."

Taina reached for her hand and brought it to her lips. "Villanelle, don't be silly. Do you think I won't recognize the infamous Lena Kieran Luthor."

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we have met before."

"No, we haven't. I've been sending Lcorp emails for months now but your secretary, Jess right? She told me that your schedule is pretty tight."

"I'm sorry about that, but may I ask why?"

Taina flips her hair on the side. "Look around Lena. You see, the moment I saw your beautiful face on the cover of Forbes magazine, I just couldn't help it. I wanted to take a picture of you on my own. I wanted to capture another part of you."

"Stop hitting on my date," Villanelle warns Taina, but there was a devilish smirk on her lips.

"Afraid of a little competition aren't we?"

"As if." The two girls laughed at their own silly banter.

"Seriously Lena, give me a chance to take a photo of you."

"Why me?"

Taina stared at her. "They say beautiful things don't ask for attention.  You never needed to ask for it Lena, your beauty shouts in every part of the universe."

Lena was overwhelmed by her  the directness " I'll think about it."

"Well, that's good enough for me. And I'm really looking forward to it. Would you like me to show you around? By the way, It's not all naked pictures you know. " Taina winked at her.

Lena laughed softly but her cheeks were flushed.

"Seriously, stop it," Villanelle warned the other girl.

"Fine fine, perhaps I'll leave you to my dear friend here. I'll catch up with you later." Taina smiled at her before she went to another group.

"Let's go?" said Villanelle.

Lena nods her head and lets the other girl take her hand.

"Oh my God, that's you." Lena looks away when she recognizes Villanelle's face on one of the large portraits on the wall.

The other girl giggled. "Lena, look at it. It's decent."

Lena finally turned around and stared at it.  It was a black and white picture of Villanelle's naked back. Her hands clutching on to a silk-like bed sheet to cover her private parts.

Looking up close, it felt like she can feel the softness of her skin.

"It's beautiful," Lena whispered.

"Erghh... It's alright. Taina is just really really good at what she does."

Lena went closer. "You look so flawless."

Villanelle grabs both of her shoulders so she was now facing her.

"Are you flirting with me Lena Luthor?"

Lena smiled. She felt happy. She felt adored.

She took the courage and place her hands on Villanelle's waist and pulled her closer.

She stared at her eyes and for the first time, the look of surprise was obviously shown on Villanelle's face. She slowly leaned down until finally, their lips collided. All she could feel was the softness and warmth of Villanelle's lips. When she felt the other girl kiss her back, her grips tightened.

She didn't notice how long it lasted but when she pulled away, Villanelle's eyes were still close.

"Wow..." the other girl gasped.

"I know.." yet she felt something missing. The thought of Kara pops in her head but she immediately shrugged it off. She smiled at the person in front of her. Villanelle likes her. That's all she needs.