The Morning After

Birds chirping, the sound of rushing water, and the aroma of a full breakfast are the first things Barbara notices as she stirs from her peaceful slumber. Stretching wide then rubbing her stomach she rolls out of bed eyes still closed. She makes it to the bathroom and the automatic lights come on. Her breath is taken away once she opens her eyes. With making sure her and the kids got cleaned up last night she didn't get a chance to look at the bathroom. The color scheme was chocolate and sky blue. Everything was either the brightest white or the shiniest metallic coupled with the deep dark chocolate and the calming sky blue. She was instantly relaxed, the bathroom had the scent of vanilla which smelled a lot stronger than the housebot scents available on the market. She pressed the button for slow morning routine and thought of the clothes she wanted and the hairstyle she wanted. A tube surrounds her blocking out anyone who might walk in. The clothes she previously had on where removed by mechanical hands and a slow stream of warm water flowed down her skin relaxing her tense muscles. The mechanical arms came from the bottom of the tube and the top, they start to massage the water into her curls and messaging her legs, a small chair is produced and it slides under her right as the hands start to massage her aching feet. The lower hands continue to massage upwards now at her thighs she lets out a content sigh. The hands removed themselves from her hair just to return and start the shampooing process. The shampoo smelled better than anything she has ever smelled before. She couldn't describe it, she knew it smelled floral but the scent wasn't in her memory. The shampoo was rinsed and the conditioner was then started. The stream of water stopped falling from the top of the tube and started to spray a soft stream from the sides. She stood from the chair and was lathered with a rich lather of soup that shared the same scent as the shampoo and conditioner. She asked what the scent was and got the computer answer of wild jasmine and lily. After her body was cleaned and the conditioner was worked into her thoroughly detangled hair the water resumed from the top of the tube and she was rinsed clean. Since she had thought of comfort today her hair was tied in a microfiber towel to help soak the water from her strands and a gust of warm air dried her dripping wet body. Black comfortable underwear were placed in her body. The soft feel of them had her not wanting to wear anything else. Then a beautiful deep burgundy sundress was slipped up her legs and was tied in the back around her neck. The dress flowed a little past her knees and was loose enough to give her and her little one some breathing room. The towel was removed from her eighty percent dry hair and a  leave in conditioner and an oil was added to her strands. Half of her hair was pulled up and brushed into a sleek ponytail with a little holding jelly and the rest of her hair hung down her back in soft touchable coils. A mechanical hand came out in front of her with a towel and washed the last remnants of sleep from her face and a brushbot was placed on her tongue. She closed her mouth and the brushbot zoomed around her mouth cleaning every crevice and every tooth individually. After about two minutes of scrubbing she felt the water spray in her mouth and then the brushbot soaked up the water. She opened her mouth and the bot jumped back through the small hole in the tube's wall indicating that it was done. The tube receded from around her and she made her way to the kitchen to see what this wonderful smell of breakfast had to offer.

Walking into the kitchen she was expecting to see the stove being worked by a bot but was shocked to see Valery flipping what looked like sausage. Next to her stood Jaden, Samantha, and Seth mixing ingredients into a bowl. A bright smile found its way onto her face as she found a seat at the bar to watch the old school cooking forms being mastered by such young children. Jaden being the youngest of the bunch was holding the bowl so that it didn't move while Seth was mixing the ingredients slowly to avoid spilling anything. Samantha was pouring in all of the liquids to make what looked like pancake batter. Once everything was mixed to Seth's satisfaction he helped Jaden carry the bowl over to Valery who thanked them profusely making all of the children giggle happily at what a good job they did. The smell of sizzling bacon caught Barbara's nose and a loud growl from her stomach alerted the cooks of her presence. A blush forced its way onto her face and everyone share a carefree laugh. Seth stepped up to the counter getting on his tip toes and feeling around for the plate that had the meat that was done cooking. Seeing him struggle Valery leaned over slightly and pushed the plate closer to his hands. A bright smile crossed his face when his finger met the still hot piece of bacon and sausage. He quickly closed his little hand around them ignoring the slight burn, a helpbot came over with a paper towel. He graciously took it and ran quickly but carefully to Barbara, his face was focused on not dropping her food. When he made it to the bar stool he climbed on to the little stool and it then started to elevate to bar level. He stretched his arm out and started to feed bacon to his mom. She smiled at his sweetness and thanked him with a face full of kisses. He giggled and murmured a your welcome mommy before he ran off to go get his dad.