Chapter Thirty Four - Their Respective Dates

Author's note; Seeing as it was requested, here is a second chapter for the day. I'll also issue another one in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Hope to fulfil future requests when I am able! Enjoy the Chapter x.

Leilei was clearly in a foul mood and the music she produced clearly proved that.  Kez was sitting to one side dressed in a white neck high shift dress, white stocking socks and white sun hat.  The wig was a bob cut in style and an electric blue in colour.  Kez glanced over at Leilei after listening for a while.  "Um, how exactly do you want me to dance to that?" He asked.

"I'm sorry," Leilei's face crumbled.  "I know it sucks!"

"I didn't say it sucked," Kez mentioned.  "It's a bit different to your usual stuff, like night is to day, but it might be a blast to create a little Dark Wish.  But if you want that, I'd need to go shopping first for a new outfit, in the lower sector."

Leilei wrapped her arms around him.  "Aw, you always know what to say!"

"So what's the actual problem?"

"I have a date," she grumbled. 

"You can't turn it down?" Kez asked surprised.

"Social Services are insisting.  Something about the fact that I'm practically a N.E.E.T. doesn't sit well with them." 

"So when is it?"

"In about two hours."  Kez's eyebrows raised, eyes widening and he glanced over Leilei, who was wearing torn baggy jeans and a flannel shirt over a crop top.  Her navel was exposed, but contained a small round smiley face marble.

"Shouldn't you think about getting ready?"

"Eh?  Why?"

*****

A certain manager was also sulking in an apartment that was not his own, as he was in a similar predicament.  "Take my place!"  He begged Xavier, who as a gracious host was placing small bowls of nibbles on the coffee table in front of his guests.

"No," Xavier replied.  "Suck it up, you are a big boy now."

"She might be nice," Rush said, amicably.

"My mother insisted on her," North advised.  "Doesn't that give you any clue."

"Her profile was still matches to yours," Xavier reminded him, "no matter who picked who at the end of the day.  At least she agreed to meet you."

"But she's not my type!" North insisted.

"What is your type?" Xavier asked.

"Someone low maintenance, who I don't need to take care of, for one," North snorted, grabbing a handful of snacks, before munching away at them.

"Eh, why's that?"  Rush, the man who North had to take care of, asked.  Xavier and North just looked at him, eyes rolling heavenward.

*****

North arrived at the restaurant located a few floors above the central monorail station with plenty of time to spare.  He glanced at the digital display on his wrist several times, this would be his third first date with a selected partner and his nerves had not improved over the time.  About five minutes prior to their predetermined meeting time, a woman matching the profile image appeared.

She had long, dark hair and large blue eyes framed by a small cute face.  She was smiling and seemed calm, all positive points.  There was just one thing that he, a man standing at over six feet could not help but notice; even in high heels, she was really short.